Good Kid (ScarletVision)

Songfic! The song is Good Kid from The Lightning Thief- a Percy Jackson Musical. The lyrics kept playing in my head while I was writing -10 Years with the image of Civil War Wanda in my head. So I wrote this story. Starts right after the "incident" in Civil War that really set the scene for the Sokovian Accords to be made. I changed some of the lyrics to make more sense. 

/////////////////////////////////////

'Been kicked out of every place. Everything I ever do is wrong. Never find where I belong. Everybody on my case.'

Wanda sat on her bed, her knees pressed against her chest. She could hear Steve and Tony arguing, but only vaguely. She couldn't make out what they were saying, but it was probably about her. She felt sick to her stomach. She couldn't believe she had just done that- she killed people!

Sure, it was way less people than if she'd just let the car explode on the ground, but now she was on house arrest. Really the only thing on tv was about the accident. She was a massive screw up.

She couldn't take the words, the cruel words that were bluntly prejudiced against her. The things that people said that she deserved to have happen to her... didn't they understand that it was an accident! She didn't mean to! She didn't want to hurt anyone! But now she was getting called a monster and a freak and a weapon. No one was sticking up for her. Not a single soul.

"SHE'S JUST A KID!" She heard Cap yell.

"Funny how people only seem to think that when I'm being perfect," She said to herself. There was a knock on her door. "Come in." She said halfheartedly.

To her surprise, Vision entered the room. He had actually knocked this time. "Is this a bad time?"

"For me, not for you. You can talk."

'The same old story, the same old song: "Don't act up, don't act out. Be strong." I keep my head down, I keep my chin up, but it all ends up the same. With "Pack your bags, you're always to blame!"'

"This isn't as bad as everyone is making it seem," Vision told her.

"Yeah, right."

"I don't always get sarcasm, but I know that was."

Wanda sighed, turning the tv back on. She gestured to it. "The Avenger known as the Scarlet Witch blew up-" Was all the reporter said before Wanda shut it back off.

"It was a terrorist attack, and they're making it seem like it was my fault. There's discussion about making a contract that we'll have to sign to monitor our hero activity, as there have been so many casualties. And honestly, I AM to blame for all of it, they aren't wrong."

"That's not true."

She simply scoffed.

'I never try to do anything. I never mean to hurt anyone. I try, I try to be a good kid. A good kid.'

"I try to be good, I do. But it never seems to work. I'm getting sick of it. I GET IT, ALRIGHT?! I'M A FREAK!"

"You are not a freak, Wanda."

"Don't lie to me. There is no point." She looked down, tears welling in her eyes.

She felt the bed shift as he sat down. "Just because people say things does not make it true."

"I know. But I am a freak. What even is my purpose, Vis? What am I even doing? I can't even control my powers enough to not hurt anyone! I'm just a dangerous freak."