Lost (Wanda Maximoff)

Different story of the Raft. TW for abuse.

////////////////////////////////////////////

Clint and Steve took off down the hallway, desperately trying to find Wanda. They peeked around a corner. There were a bunch of guards down this hall. Dozens. They were all armed.

Obviously, Wanda had to be down there. But it made their guts churn. They couldn't get past that many guards. There were just too many.

"What are we supposed to do?!" Clint asked, panicking. "We can't just leave her!"

"I'm thinking, Clint!"

"We can't leave her, no matter what. They'll tell her that we left her, and that we abandoned her. And you and I both know that with her anxiety, she'll eventually believe it if they keep telling her. We can't leave her!"

"I know we can't!" He used his comm to contact Sam. "Hey, Wilson can you guys get done here?"

"The hatch is closing in three minutes, dude! You and Clint and Wanda better get up here quick!"

"We don't have Wanda!"

"Sh**, seriously?! Well, hurry up and grab her, we gotta go now!"

"We can't! There's too many guards guarding her cell!"

"How many?!"

"Dozens!"

"D***it!"

"Can you get down here to help?!"

"No, there's not enough time!" Sam's gut sank. He hated to say this more than anything. But he had to. "If you two can't get her, get your a**es up here. We'll get her another day, or at the worst, Stark will. Wanda's Vizh's best friend, he'll be all mopey without her, and Tony can't stand that. He'd try to get her out. We gotta go now, we have to leave her!"

Steve and Clint looked at each other. It was against both their morals to leave a teammate behind. But the needs of the many outweighs the needs of the few. The had everyone but Wanda and less than two minutes to get out.

The both held back tears and raced back upstairs empty handed.

-•-

Wanda heard the commotion but never saw any of it. Did they get caught? Did they get away? And why hadn't anyone come for her?

There were too many guards, right? That's why they didn't come. That had to be it right? They wouldn't just leave her. Would they? No, no. Of course not. They were her family.

The Secretary of State, Thaddeus Ross entered her cell around half an hour later. "Well, look at that, you little witch. They left you behind. Not that I blame them. Who wants a monster like you. You deserve to be here. Everyone knows it."

"No," Wanda whispered. "They'll come back for me."

Ross tsked. "Be honest with yourself, Maximoff. They're gone. They're not coming back. They are NEVER coming back for you."

"That isn't true!" Wanda yelled, receiving a shock from her collar. She screamed and started crying.

Ross gently stroked back her hair. "It IS true. The sooner you realize that, the better for you." He left.

A few more tears dropped down her face. His words had to be lies. They had to be.

-•-

Tony made his way down the hallway quickly. It had taken him, Rhodey, and Vision three months to convince Ross to let one of them visit Wanda in the Raft. He reached her cell.