Reunited

Pax

I sat on the couch, stunned. My family attempted to talk to me, but I didn't understand why? Why would someone do that?

"Pax," someone said, and I looked at Shaun, sitting in front of me. "You did nothing wrong, and that asshole played on your situation."

"I didn't flirt with the guy or show interest. I did what Dr. Shaw instructed me to do. I sketch to handle my emotions. Why me?" I asked, furrowing my brows.

"Because the guy is a predator. The guy looks for people he knows that won't fight back. The guy is like Travis. They pick someone for a particular reason. It's not your fault," Shaun reminded me.

I had no recourse, and that sucked.

"Perhaps, it's time to get help with this situation," Parker mentioned as we looked at him. "A prominent family owns this school, and someone is talking to a family member."

Everyone looked at Kaxon.

"Why are you looking at me?" Kaxon asked.

"Because it's your turn to help family," Markus told Kaxon.

Kaxon looked at everyone and sighed. I needed a shower. I went upstairs while my family discussed the matter and took a shower. I scrubbed myself raw, trying to wash away the night. Since nothing progressed, I still felt dirty.

After I finished, I turned off the water and dried off. I looked in the mirror to see myself as a shell. The last few months took their toll on me.

I put on some clothes and went into my bedroom to find Shaun sitting on my bed, waiting for me.

"I figured that you left," I mentioned.

"No, I wanted to stay, if you don't mind," Shaun offered.

"That's fine," I said, sitting on my bed next to Shaun.

We said nothing, then Shaun reached for my hand as I recoiled but touched it gently. I relaxed as Shaun interlocked his fingers with mine.

"It's difficult after a terrible situation, but it gets better," Shaun assured me.

"Maybe," I said, not knowing what will happen.

"I can stay with you," Shaun offered.

I nodded, saying nothing. I laid down on the bed, and Shaun laid next to me. He wrapped his arms around me as I fell asleep. It was a comforting feeling.

I woke up the next day to see Shaun asleep next to me. I reached and brushed his hair away from his face. Shaun opened his eyes and looked at me.

"Sorry, I didn't mean to wake you," I said.

"No worries, it was nice waking up next to someone," Shaun mentioned, smiling.

"So, um, I thought that maybe we could try," I said, searching for words.

Shaun looked at me. I diverted my eyes.

"You know, try as a couple, but we don't have to, if you don't want to," I blurted. God, I was nervous.

Shaun said nothing.

"It's okay if you say no. I don't want to pressure you. If you say yes, cool. If not, it's okay - no pressure from me. No, sir," I rambled.

Shaun interrupted my ramble, pressing his lips to my lips. Our lips moved in sync with each other as I put my hands on Shaun. Then he pulled back.

"Sorry, you were rambling," Shaun told me.

"Yeah, I do that when I'm nervous," I mentioned.

Shaun smiled as I smiled. My door opened up, and we turned to see my brothers standing there.