Homecoming shenanigans

Pat

Homecoming arrived, and since Britt is staying with us, I didn't have far to go to pick her up. She is sharing a room with Eliza. We figure it was better than Eliza sharing a room with our dipshit brother. It's sad when you side with a girl over your brother.

I knocked on the door, and Britt answered it. She dressed in a navy blue, form-fitting, knee-length, lacy dress. With Britt's dark hair, the dress suited her. She looked stunning.

"What do you think? Does the dress suit me?" Britt asked, posing.

I chuckled. "That dress suits you in every way. You look gorgeous," I complimented Britt.

Britt grinned as Eliza came to the door. She was wearing a baby blue, knee-length dress that flared from the waist. Presley walked over and looked at Eliza.

"You ready?" Presley asked.

I looked at my brother, weird.

"Yeah," Eliza said as Presley walked away.

"Presley said nothing about your dress," Britt mentioned.

"It's okay," Eliza said, shrugging. She walked past us as we watched her go downstairs.

Pax and Shaun came out of another bedroom and walked over to us.

"Isn't my date hot in his suit?" Pax asked us.

"You both look dashing," Britt complimented.

"It's a suit, and you're dudes. I don't think dudes are hot, including my brother," I remarked.

Britt giggled as Pax rolled his eyes.

"Where's Payton and Parker?" Pax asked.

"They went to pick up Josie and Selena. Presley is acting like a tool," I answered.

"What else is new? I hate to say it, but Eliza deserves better. What am I saying? I don't hate to say it, it needs saying," Pax told me.

"Yeah, well, maybe someone will show Presley the errors of his way," I mentioned.

Pax and I looked at each other as Britt and Shaun looked at us. Homecoming was about to get a lot more interesting since we roped some schmuck into helping us.

When your cousin dates someone from a big family, they have a spare cousin lying around to help you out with a slight issue. Jesse made a call, and her cousin was more than happy to oblige. I thought our family was crazy; we don't compare to her family.

We left for the dance and arrived to set the stage. Now pay attention to this dance because the tables will flip on baby brother. Payton and Parker didn't know what we planned with Kaxon and Mason, nor did Markus. We didn't tell them.

The dance was in full swing as I led Britt on the dance floor. We danced as the night started. We might as well get in a few dances before all hell breaks loose.

While we danced, Presley left Eliza alone. That's mistake number one. Mistake number two is that it gave us an opening to put our plan in motion. People have insecurities no matter what they say; even the most secure people have issues. My brothers, cousins, and I will exploit Presley's vulnerabilities and teach him a lesson.

"Would you like to dance?" A guy asked Eliza.

Eliza looked at the guy with confusion.

"Sorry, my name is Evan Jones," the guy introduced himself.

"Eliza," Eliza said, shaking his hand.

"Now that we know each other's names, would you like to dance?" Evan asked.