Sanctuary

This is taking place when Loki falls into the wormhole in Thor. 

Loki POV

Space is cold. Space is devoid of heat, devoid of a living soul, devoid of light, of...life.

The air is thin. So thin that it's nearly impossible to breathe. The icy ether I let myself drift through immobilized my body like it wasn't built for this, for sub-zero temperatures. I had experienced Jotunheim cold, been touched by Laufey himself and never even felt a thing. But here I was, my immortal figure going paralyzed in the gelid solar gale.

I caught one last look at my father and brother. The All-father's face was too shocked to show emotion. Thor's expression was contorted as he screamed my name. I barely caught the last tendrils of his voice before I was spun towards a wormhole I hadn't seen before.

It happened so quickly. So all-consuming was my despair and defeat that I didn't even try to fight the gravitational pull. My oxygen vanished, and suddenly...I was...asleep.

When I did wake, I was in an entirely foreign landscape. I was still adrift. My head had lolled back, my mouth had fallen open, and my limbs were relaxed.

I had never seen a landscape so desolate. The most severe realm I had ever seen was Jotunheim, and the most terrifying thing of that trip wasn't the weather.

I was surrounded by asteroids, four times my size. There was almost no light; I could distantly see the light of what was perhaps a supergiant, a corpse of a warm, golden sun.

Like the sun on Asgard.

I did not have much time to ponder my dire situation, however, because it would appear I was not alone.

His voice was very deep and sent chills through my half-asleep body. Some sort of force pulled me in his direction. I was too under-oxygenated and despaired to acknowledge the sirens in my normally impeccably sharp brain as he leered at me. I was only a foot from him now.

My vision was blurry and my hands were going numb, but I could understand every word he growled in his earthy, gravelly voice:

"Welcome to the sanctuary, Loki Laufeyson. You are perfect for my uses."

My mind rewrote itself. I felt myself wiped clean, all good memories vaporizing before I could feebly grab them back. And then...for all I know, i could have been dreaming. I did not once question how he knew my name. In my newly washed mind, I had found an equal. He was left alone in the ether and rocks, to live an outsider's life. Just like me.

Something blue glimmered in front of me. Ethereal and luminescent, it warmed my deprived eyes. The mysterious being's grin likened to that of the Cheshire Cat's. "Take it, boy. Forget everything, except what they have done to you."

Brought to you by Loki falling for thirty minutes.