Anxious Thunderer

Thor struggling with his mental health after Endgame. Tony survives and so does Nat and Steve stays young. 

Thor POV

"....doing okay?"

Brunnhilde comes up to me. I look up, surprised. She looks...compassionate, a sight unusual for her. I shake my head, and her face softens. "You will be, Thor. Someday."

My voice sounds raspy. "When?"

But she's already gone. I watch her go, feeling rather abandoned. I try to swallow it down, like I always have done with my emotions, but it bubbles back up. I get up, stalking angrily towards the ocean. The rage doesn't scare me anymore, only motivates me. What I am motivated for, I don't even know anymore. 

I have no idea where I'm walking until I feel my feet getting wet. I step out of the mud puddle and look at my surroundings. I've wandered into the ice harvesting spot, and I'm right in the way. I stumble away, ignoring the calls of the men and women hard at work. 

"Hey, man. I've been lookin' for ya. Bruce even called, I told him I had no idea where you were. He left his number, you can call him back. I wrote it down."

I can't even force a smile. "Thanks."

His own smile fades a little. "You seem very sad."

I kick a clump of grass. "You could say that. Is there any beer?"

Korg sounds apologetic. "The King said there is a supply chain issue."

Sighing, I sink onto the couch. "So no beer. Thanks, Korg."

"No problem, man."

Korg fires up Fortnite, and Miek excitedly taps away on his controller. I am silent, curled up in a blanket, still in my winter things. Halfway through, a cask of beer arrives. I don't waste any time in putting it in the fridge, popping open a cold bottle. I drink another, and another, and another. When Korg stops me, I've taken my shirt off, enjoying the cool air on my skin, and I've got double vision. 

The phone rings, and I pick it up before anyone can stop me. When I hear Bruce, I cheer. "BRUCE! It's so good to see you! I mean, hear you."

"Hey, Thor. How are you?"

I giggle a little. "I'm great. I'm fine. How are you? Are you fine? 'cause I'm fine."

"Thor...you sound drunk."

I laugh. "Me? Drunk? Oh, please. I'm so fucking sober!"

"You're very clearly not. Listen, buddy, Tony and I thought of visiting you. Or you could visit us."

I burp and then exclaim, "Korg and I could visit you, couldn't we?! Korg! How 'bout we visit New York tomorrow?"

"Let's not make major decisions while drunk, man."

Pfft. "Sounds like a yes!"

"Whoa, not tomorrow, Thor! I meant...a week from now."

My smile fades. "No, I'm not thinking about next week. 'm thinking of...of...today. Are your eyes green?"

"Take it easy, okay? You sound pretty drunk." Bruce sounds....worried?

I scoff. "I'm fiiiiine!"

"I'll call you every morning, okay? Listen, I gotta go, you can text me, alright?"

I giggle. "Sure."

Bruce hangs up, and I lazily slump on the couch, stuffing chips in my mouth. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~