Chapter 16 - Summer Victims

This chapter is dedicated to alvinaaru
As promised🤞😘👑💖💖

It began to rain once we've hit the road. I leaned against the glass and watched the droplets of rain ripple down. The bus grew still and quiet and the interior was only filled with sound sleepers.

Courtney called an hour ago to let me know that her dad was gonna drop her off at the camp instead. I wish my dad would do the same but he's busy working.

I opened my pack and pulled out the sealed paper bag that contained the cookies and brownies that Nanna baked. I found a piece of note attached to it and smiled at the scribbled letters that read.

For Sammy Wammy:) love Miguel, Rody, and Bellie Nellie..

Aww, how sweet of them. I thought, checking out the crayon coloured piece of note that had a big smiley face at the bottom.

I munched happily on the cookie, thinking about how great Nanna is at baking. With my earphones plugged, I  bobbed my head to Solo by Demi Lovato.

The rain stopped once we've arrived at the camp. I stepped out of the bus and the smell of pine wood hit me. I was greeted by the wooden cabins and the big body of lake that slept still in the middle of the green forest like a great divider dividing the forest into two halves.

The sun was setting and the view was beautiful.

I was greeted with a bone crushing hug from Courtney.

I gave her a surprised look trying to gasp for air.

"You're here, at last."

She said breathlessly, after releasing me.

"Seems like you got here early."

"Don't mention it."

I giggled.

"Come on I'll show you to our cabin."

She sung the last word happily and we skipped off.

Once we've entered the cabin we were greeted by some of the girls.

The interior of the room was warm and it had several bunk beds. The wall was decorated with posters of break dancers, ballet dancers and celebrities. It almost felt like I was in the movie Camp Rock or something.

"So which one are you taking. Top or bottom?"

Courtney asks standing beside the bunk bed that was next to the window.

"Bottom."

I say, walking over to where she's standing.

She gave me a look that read ' are you sure? ' and I just smiled and nodded certainly.

"Ok."

"If we get attacked by an evil army of squirrels, remember you had it coming."

I laughed and she also did the same.

"Let's go have a tour around the campsite. I heard that we'll be having a bonfire tonight and probably a dance off."

Wow, this is amazing, my first day and I'm already loving it.

Our little tour around the campsite went well. I realised how big the camp was, it had fences that kept us in and there was a pier that extended out towards the lake.

There was another campsite on the other side of the lake. I wonder who's camping there.

"Hey, Courtney."