Chapter 31 - Wounds

A//N: I'm not done with them yet😭😩❤️🤣 ok, I know what you're thinking but hey no favouritism here🤭

So yeah you can tell that D's so into her but remember he's a player...aye, aye, aye🙃 hold back the judgements, I know there are some of you team Samantha and Diego out here... doesn't matter I'm not spilling...here you go 😉

I watched him dribble, before he bent his knees, fixed his stance and shot for the rim.

The school was completely empty, with students hurrying to get home. I remember walking towards my locker with the girls, hearing the remarks the gossipers threw at me, almost above their whispering.

Chloe confronted some of Alison's friends, threatening to double their heads with the locker if they don't shut up.

I felt the sting of tears prickling my heavy eyes as I recalled their rude comments.

Slut?

I knew deep down that I was hurt, but I refused to show how upset I was. Bella trashed their makeup that everyone had to laugh at them and that was enough for me.

"Sammy, you're not listening."

Freddie folds both his arms, stopping in front of me with a disappointed sigh.

"Sorry Eddie, um what were you going to say?"

"Did you need my help with the history assignment?" I asked with my voice laced with concern.

Ever since I saved him back then, Freddie has been a very good friend of mine, but as always Bella managed to snatch him.

"No." He says with a tone that convinced me that he could do better without my help.

"Look all I'm saying is talk to him, Sam. It can't be that bad....there must be an explanation as to why he would brag like that about---"

He fiddled with his fingers as I glared at him.

"Thank you Freddie, that's enough from you, my son." I say covering his mouth. I laughed as I heard him mumble complaints.

"Mummy." He scolds, after I removed my hand.

"Let's go Freddie-"

I paused to the sound of an incoming message.

Without checking who it was from, I already knew the sender.

"Uh Sammy, you should really talk to him." Freddie says in a frightened tone.

"And if I don't?" I ask rolling my eyes.

"He's going to hunt me down for kidnapping you." He exaggerated and I laughed.

"You're funny." I say ruffling his hair as he slapped my hands away, trying to fix his hair.

"Sammy!" He straightened up all of a sudden, looking all scared.

"What? Why are we whispering?" I say as low as I could sound, though I wanted to laugh at how stupid this was.

"Don't move or turn around!" He says leading me away.

"He's behind me right?" My face dropped as my heart began accelerating.

Maybe twisting my head around was a bad idea, because as soon as I did our eyes made contact and oh boy did he look like hell.

"Run!" I say, pulling Freddie by the hand and he began following my steps.

I turned around to find Diego also doing the same thing and he was super fast.

We got to the car park, of all places and I turned around to examine my surroundings.