Making Amends

"KADENCE!" I screamed, my heart was broken,

"He was mine," Midnight whispered, I held the young girl in my arms crying. I felt someone's arms around me but nothing was there.

"Shadow," the person who's arms were around me was saying over and over. I felt something pulling me out of the room, but through the wall, the world shifted, my mind drifted, my world fell a part and I was left standing in the middle of darkness, waiting for something, I was unable to breath. I became aware my eyes were closed and I slowly opened them, taking a deep breath I looked around the room, I felt as if I just came up from water, holding my breathe for to long. Everyone stared at me, sadness depicted on their face, I looked over to see Midnight, she was standing in the doorway of the living room crying, tears streamed down her face, I too was crying still, I was sitting in the arms of Slender, I sat up and looked around,

"Shadow, are you okay?" BEN asked, sadness in his voice,

"I-is K-Kadence o-o-okay?" I was shaking badly, recovering from what just happened.

"Kadence is fine," Slender reassured me, petting my hair softly, Midnight ran over to me, she was still crying, her hands covered her mouth as she cried.

"Shadow I'm so sorry!" She cried out.

"Y-you killed Kadence," I said slowly, still shaking badly.

"It was a dream Shadow," Masky reassured me.

"B-but it felt so real," i answered back, Slender was holding his arms around me.

"I'm so sorry!" Midnight sobbed again,

"W-why?" I asked,

"You had fallen asleep a little while ago, but while you were sleeping you started screaming and crying, you were crying for Midnight to stop, you curled up in a ball and you were screaming about being sorry and for Midnight to stop, then you started screaming about Kadence," Masky tried explaining.

"You stopped breathing," Jeff added, everyone sounded sad, "so we woke you up."

"Shadow, I am so sorry if you thought I hated you or anything, I was mad, at me, at everyone, at Jeff," she looked over at Jeff, a face of madness, "what was I doing in your dream," I looked around to see if Kadence was in the room.

"Kadence is asleep, thankfully you didn't wake her," Slender said noticing me looking around,I looked at everyone's waiting faces, Midnight sat on the ground in front of the couch.
"I was telling you I was sorry, th-then you started beating me," I started crying again, remembering the dream, I put my hand over mouth whispering my next sentence, "you killed Kadence," I then started crying harder, burying my head in Slender's chest, he picked me up.

"How about you go lay down," I nodded and let him take me to our room.
"Slender, will you protect me?" Shadow said suddenly.

"From what?"

"Anything,"

"Of course," I said, before closing the door.

Slender's P.O.V

After laying Shadow down I went and checked on Kadence, Sally was asleep next to her. I made my way back to the living room were Jeff was comforting Midnight.
"Masky, Hoodie, go check on our visitor. Now, Shadow is very beat down," I said, "she's had enough of drama for today," just then Masky and Hoodie returned.

"He's gone," Masky said, shock in his voice.