Missing Kadence

((If you don't remember the tree go back to the chapter called dreamers and read Shadows part))

This was the warning. It had to be. I looked at the tree trying to see if there was anything around it but I saw nothing. I took a few steps over to her before James finely emerged, standing over Kadence who had now started crying. I did the first thing I could think of to do. I tackled his legs causing him to trip, vines started growing out and in tangling him as he laid on the ground. Kadence was still crying when I heard a sharp voice, knowing exactly who it was I looked to Kadence.

"A little help would be nice. Get Kadence." I told her, Icy ran to her and scooped her up, Kadence crying into her shoulder. James disappeared into a cloud of smoke and the vines collapsed, I turned to Icy who flinched every time a tear hit her "designer" dress.

"I too have super hearing Shadow. Cats have the same type of capabilities as dogs."

"I'm not a dog. I'm a wolf."

"Oh yeah. You're not domestic." I glared at her before starting to walk.

"Let's just go." I mumbled, Icy gently sat down Kadence and began walking too.

"I mean, cats are great domestic or not." Icy continued.

"You mean cats are lazy domestic or not." I corrected her, she looked aggravated, "Kadence, you got to stop having these near death situations." I said, changing the subject, I turned around to Kadence, only to find the wasn't there. I stopped walking and began looking around frantically, Icy picked up on what I was doing and began doing the same thing. Please be playing hide and seek. Please be playing hide and seek.

She's definitely not playing hide and seek.

I needed Slender, I began running through the area until I found a sign. Perfect. I ripped it from the tree and crumbled it, shoving it into the inside pocket of my cloak. Slender immediately appeared.

"Shadow, what is it?"

"I lost Kadence!" I yelled at him, I didn't mean for it to sound that way, I was frustrated at myself.

"Did you see anything?" He asked me in a calm voice as his tendrils put up another sign.

"James." I sighed. He finished putting up and teleported me back to the mansion where Icy already was telling everyone what was happening.

"Shadow what's your side of what happened?" Stormy asked me.

"IT ESCALATED WAY TO QUICKLY." I answered flatly, my hood over my head.

"We need to go get them." Spyro alerted us, fear struck her eyes as her wings were gently spread out, relaxing on her back.

"If we enter, we'll have to fight." Icy pointed out, popping her hip out as she adjusted her crown. Am I ready to fight? I glanced down at the ring, it was swirling, searching for Kadence's presence but continuing not to succeed.

"I'm ready." I told them, a thin smile spread across my lips.

"We need weapons." Midnight told us, pulling out her own knife. I looked around the room, I unfortunately never used a weapon.

"What can I use?" I asked them, a long sword was thrown to me. I caught it quickly, folding it over in my hand to test the weight. It was light but sharp, I ran my finger over the blade lightly and saw a small cut form almost immediately.

"Where'd you get that?" Spyro asked BEN, a bow and arrow in her hands much like Lightning's.

"Museum." He said, pulling out his DS.

"How'd you manage that?" Icy asked sassily, actually, I don't know when she ever isn't.

"Security cameras are electronic." He shrugged, Icy flipped her hair and held out her hand. A long ice sword began forming as she smirked. Cold frost crawled up her blue hair making it partly white, frost making designs on her face, her eyes unusually piercing blue. A small vine swirled up my sword slowly, I only noticed I had been clenching it when I relaxed my hand.