Chapter Fifty Six

Chapter Fifty Six – Liam

Liam huffs as he finally gets back to his room, and carefully opens the door, he steps inside slowly and frowns when he sees Zayn curled up on top of the blankets on the bed fast asleep. He knows he was gone longer than expected, Eleanor kept calling and insisting on more activities for him and Lexie to do on their date, every time they thought about heading back to their respective rooms. Liam had finally stopped answering his phone whenever it went off and they had come back, it was now well after nine at night and although it really wasn't that late, it ruined all his plans for the evening with Zayn. Liam gently toes off his shoes hissing slightly when he accidentally hits his arm off the dresser, he gets onto the bed and gently shakes Zayn to wake him up, “Zayn, baby I'm back” he murmurs as Zayn stirs around in his sleep, “please wake up” he mumbles, leaning over to press a kiss to Zayn's temple.

Zayn jumps and sits up quickly, rubbing at his eyes, he looks so adorable right now that Liam can't help himself he surges forwards and presses a hard kiss to Zayn's lips, Zayn hesitates, before he's kissing back. Liam's been wanting this since he left with Lexie, her lips felt all wrong, too soft and sticky from lip gloss, Zayn's lips however fit perfectly with his own, and taste and feel perfect. Zayn pushes on his chest and Liam reluctantly pulls back, both breathing heavily, “I missed you” he mumbles and Zayn smiles slightly, “missed you too. What took you so long?” he asks, glancing at the clock, Liam frowns, “you know who kept calling and adding things, I'm sorry” he murmurs, nuzzling his nose against Zayn's cheek. Zayn chuckles and pulls himself closer to Liam on the bed, nudging at his arms until Liam opens them and allows Zayn to climb into his lap. “I'm not upset with you” Zayn murmurs and Liam sighs in relief, he didn't realize how much he needed that reassurance, until the words came out of his boyfriend's mouth. “Glad to hear it, what did you do while I was gone?” Liam asks gently, shifting Zayn around so he's laying with his head in his lap, and starts carding his fingers through the raven hair. Zayn lets out a content sound and pushes more into Liam's hand.

Neither one of them is talking, but it's not uncomfortable, Zayn suddenly shifts and flips himself around, still laying in Liam's lap, “I uh, hung out with Perrie and the girls, and we watched a movie, I sketched a bit. Then everyone but me and Pez went to get something to eat. Louis came in and checked up on me and hung out for a bit, then Perrie and I went and got burgers” Zayn starts explaining and Liam nods, fingers still carding through his hair. “Then I came back here, hoping you'd be back, and I guess I fell asleep” Zayn finishes and Liam chuckles, “I'm sorry Love, I meant to be back to take you somewhere for dinner” he pouts. Zayn smiles up at him shaking his head, “it's fine Li, you had to work, I get it” he explains, pulling himself up to a sitting position Liam groans, “but I didn't have to work, I had to put on a show, and not even the kind I enjoy doing” Liam sighs. Zayn laughs and leans closer kissing him lightly, he pulls away far to quickly for Liam's liking, making him whine and pout at Zayn pitifully.

Zayn laughs and rolls away, Liam watches him with sad eyes, wondering exactly what his boyfriend is up to. Zayn jumps to his feet and Liam furrows his eyebrows in confusion, “come here, Li” Zayn calls, and Liam sighs before following the path his boyfriend had taken into the other part of the hotel suite. He laughs when he finds Zayn standing on the balcony, arms spread wide as a cool breeze blows his hair around. Liam just watches him for a moment before stepping out into the cool air, “what are we doing?” he asks, as he wraps his arms around Zayn from behind Zayn shrugs and leans back against him. Liam kisses the back of Zayn's neck grinning against his skin when the other boy shivers slightly. Zayn spins in his arms so their face to face, “just taking it all in” he mumbles, and Liam chuckles “taking what in?” he asks confused. Zayn shrugs “I don't know I've never had a view like this” he explains and Liam grins “it is beautiful isn't it?” he asks.