Chapter 8

Iris's POV

"Wait...Shit!" Karen curses.

"What did you say?" I ask, trying to register whatever she just said.

"Never mind, let's go eat breakfast. The breakfast here is amazing. Once Kevin gets out, we'll dress and then go to the dining hall." Karen tells, walking across the room and into another door, which I am assuming is the closet.

Does Kevin have a crush on me? And he kissed me on the cheek. But, he did the same to Karen. I cuddled with him this morning. And he said that he pretended to be asleep so that he could hold me that way for long. Plus, he admitted that he was jealous of Karen too. God, it all makes sense.

I get up from the bed and take a look at my reflection in the mirror. What would he see in me? Firstly, I am so short and he is so tall. He must be at least six feet whereas I stand at the toddler size of five feet one. Ordinary brown hair, and acne scattered across my face, he could be crushing on so many other pretty girls at our school. Honestly, my eyes are the only parts that I love in my body. I am blessed to have my blue eyes. At least, one good part that I am actually proud of.

The only time that I actually managed to look pretty was Karen did my makeup and beauty touch up for homecoming last year. 

I groan and fall back into the bed when I hear the bathroom door click open.

"Yeah, I am done," Kevin announces as he stands there leaning against the door, staring at me.

I sigh and get up from the bed. I move towards the bathroom and notice Kevin is still standing there even after I reach the door and wait for him to move. Yeah, he is tall. Way too tall! He is towering over me.

"Your eyes are so mesmerizing!" he compliments even look up at him. I decide to be sassy with him until he admits what Karen said but I don't think that the heat in my cheeks will help in that case.

"I know, thanks. I love my eyes too. Now, please excuse me, I have to use the bathroom." I sass.

"All yours, milady," he says and steps aside, bowing to me.

"Good boy!" I pat his head and step inside the bathroom, shutting the door.

When I get inside the bathroom, I forget about all what happened outside and is met with the sight of the most luxurious bathroom I have ever seen in my entire life. No wonder, why Kevin took so long.

There is a huge bathtub to the right side which is plumbed with golden faucets and a statue of something on top of it

There is a huge bathtub to the right side which is plumbed with golden faucets and a statue of something on top of it. The wall adjacent to the tub is literally gold. A dressing area stands adjacent to the tub area. Three mirrors angle together for the dresser and a golden seat for sitting. 

What's with all the gold?

On the left side, I see a shower cubicle in which I bet the shower will be gold. Yes, the shower is also gold. Next to the cubicle stands a cabinet, full of towels of different sizes and other toiletries in fancy bottles. The entire sink is gold in color and is surrounded by a marble countertop. The toilet thankfully is not gold but is made of marble. I would have been pissed if that too was gold!