Chapter 50

A/N: OMG, We've reached chapter 50...I'm super duper happy!!!!

************

Karen's POV

Pain shot through my stomach whenever Caspian tried something. Darius and Iris were taken away and I could hear only Caspian's and Kevin's worried voices. Kevin sounds panicked. 

Did they do something to Iris?

My body feels weak and paralyzed. I can't move a muscle. All I can feel is the sharp pain that threatens to kill me on even a slight disturbance. I can't open my eyes and I can't move a muscle. But my mind is conscious of everything that is happening around me.

"None of us are healers in here. How am I even supposed to help her?" I hear Caspian shouting in the direction away from me.

"I wouldn't want the Princess to die, but I would very much love to give Darius a taste of his own medicine." a cruel, female voice laughs evilly. Kaya.

"She has lost a lot of blood, Caspian. I can heal the wound but...she'll remain unconscious." says the sweet voice of my favorite mermaid. I internally let out a sigh in relief that she is still here. 

But when did she have the power to heal?

Pain courses through every inch of my body when I feel some kind of energy hover over my injury. I want to yell and scream, but none of the mechanisms in my body seems to work. 

What happened to my powers? I should be able to deal with this right?

At this point, I would have been screaming my head off because of how much pain I am dealing with. But I can't. It's almost like, all my nerves that are supposed to work are bound down by some strings.

Maybe I am still alive because of my power. The pain would have killed me if I was a mere human. Or the injury will obviously kill me. Maybe I am still conscious because of that.

"The wound is healing," announces Iris. 

But I don't have enough blood in my body to give me the energy. In hospitals, they would have given me a blood transfusion, but how are they supposed to that in the midst of some mountains infested by dragons?

"She will repair herself. Remember she is not just a mere Eponian." I hear Kaya's voice inform. "Her body will produce enough blood as she needs in some time. She will remain like this for a little more time until she wakes up."

Oh, then okay! Suffer this deadass pain for god knows how long, and then I will wake up eventually.

******

Iris POV

"Without a key, how do you reckon that you can enter the Mystry Caves, Caspian?" Kaya asks Caspian.

"What key?" he asks back, confused.

"The Sword of Bydoria," she replies and I see a wave of realization hit Caspian.

"The Ruins of Syenna." he breathes.

"Can someone explain whatever that is, to me too?" I ask and Kaya's gaze turns to me. 

God, she can burn me within that gaze.

"Curious little mermaid." she chuckles deeply.

"I've got legs," I murmur, pissed at the fact that she has kept calling me a mermaid.

"What was that?" she snarls and I immediately regret murmuring anything.

I shake my head nervously. "Nothing, sorry."