Chapter 32

Karen's POV

"Chamois, chamois..." Iris pokes Darius' bicep. She's been calling him that ever since we saw him this morning and he looks hilariously annoyed.

When Iris and Kevin went back home a few days ago, they brought their big backpacks along with them. We pack a lot of stuff inside the backpacks, most of them which are food. Thankfully, Eponine has a lot of long-lasting food and their bags are stuffed.

Darius and Caspian pack all the weapons and stuff like that in their bags. My bag consists of maps, reference books, and some extra clothes just in case and I also put in a couple of compasses, two tents, ropes, and other stuff meant for camping.

We don't put the heavy stuff in Iris' and Kevin's bags since me, Darius and Caspian are much stronger we could carry the heavy things and we also pack a first aid kit, consisting of various potions, some healing herbs and some bandages and mundane medical care stuff.

Each of us also carry our respective weapons with us. For me, Darius and Kevin, we are skilled with using swords as our weapon while Iris and Caspian are archery pals. Along with these weapons, Darius and Caspian also pack a bunch of other weapons like a whip, different sorts of knives, daggers and long blades, axes and even hammers.

We would never have trouble for water though, since Eponians can conjure up water from thin air but it would result in lessened humidity in the air. Technically, what happens is we produce water from the water vapour in the air, and that is bound to present everywhere.

We place the packed bags and arrange our weapons on the bed.

"Is that all?" asks Darius.

"I hope so, isn't that supposed to be everything? Food, weapons, camping equipment, first aid kit....yeah, I think that's everything." I say looking over to the stuff arranged down.

"How do we travel?" asks Iris.

"Horses." Caspian replies, pinching his bottom lip and not taking his eyes off our stuff.

"What?" gasps Iris.

"We are going to travel in horses. Three of them. We asked Kevin if he knew how to ride one and he said yes, so we'll travel with our horses." Caspian explains to her.

"Why didn't you guys tell us?" I ask.

"Well, us three know how to ride a horse and we'll take of you ladies," says Darius.

"However, we'll have to switch between our horses once in a while since two out of three, will carry two people at the same time. So if we switch, that will even out the load on them," says Caspian.

"Don't you want to meet them?" Darius asks and Iris nods like a little kid who had just been offered candy.

We go outside and beyond the garden to the royal animal farm. And I never visited this place. It's almost like a nice well maintained farm consisting of many cows mooing, sheep buffed up in fluffy white wool, hens poking around for grains, cute little chicks tottering around, and goats chewing grass in the weird way that they chew.

It's so peaceful around in here that it makes me want to just sit here, look at all these animals, and just..spend time looking at the beauty nature has created. But seeing goats chewing and the snorting noise that they make always cracks me up. 

I walk around the farm and Iris starts chasing around the hens and chicks, giggling and snorting while running around with the chicks. Far off, I see a bird place where the most beautiful birds I've seen flies around. They are of all sorts of colours. Pink, blue, green, yellow...a rainbow mix of feathered friends.