Chapter 11

A/N: Whoohoo! We have Karen's POV!

*******

Karen's POV

I can't bring myself to look at Kevin. His beautiful face is now covered in bruises, and I am the only one responsible for it. All I wanted to do was to push him away from Iris, or else she would have caused the palace guards to come over and stop the fight, but I ended up throwing him to the other side of the garden.

Kevin is strong. Very strong. And he will strangle a person to the ground until he gets what he wants. I have experienced that more than anyone because well, I am his best friend.

But today, I don't know what happened. I still don't. On one hand, he is still wincing from pain now and then and rubbing his tummy when he thinks no one is watching and now after inhaling all that dust, he is finding it difficult to breathe.

I feel guiltier than ever. All I wanted was for Iris and Kevin to be alone so that he might finally confess his lifelong crush to her but we're talking about Kevin here, and the guy might have put on his smug attitude and so Iris lost her temper.

I cannot blame her though. I have wanted to kick his nuts several times, but honestly, I never wanted to hurt him like this.

He tries to act normal, keeps on that cheeky smile whenever he can, and spreads that aura of calmness and joy around him, but I know he is in pain, and to think I am the cause for it just breaks my heart.

"Kevin, I am sorry. I really am. You're hurting s-" I begin my apology but he cuts me off by placing a finger on my lips.

"Ah, ah!" he scolds, "you're seriously apologizing? What happened to the deal we made? No apologizing!" 

"Screw that deal...I've never hurt you this much before!" I quake.

"You are strong now...I mean you did this to me," he points at his face, "And my stomach is on fire. But what is important right now is what is happening to you? And we're going to figure that out, okay?" he assures me but I sigh, defeated.

We follow the queen to the meeting room as she carries the large dusty old book with her. Even Iris is acting awkward now. She looks sad and it hurts my head to think about her being mad at me because I hurt Kevin. I mean, I can sense that she likes him, so that would make her mad at me. 

Right?

"This book contains all the major histories, historical figures, and the stories of past monarchs of Eponine. It also contains Prophecies and I think Karen might be a part of them," states Entonia.

"How can I be a part of them?" I ask.

"Well, there was this Prophecy that I read while I was little..." she flips through the pages and Kevin tries his best to stay away from the specks of dust flying around from the pages.

"Here," she points. "The Prophecy of King Erad. He was the first-ever, king of Eponine." she moves the book to our side and we lean in to read and I see a statement written, in impeccable calligraphy, on the yellow thick page on the giant book.

Apparently, the Prophecy states about the birth of a person like me with golden eyes that radiate light, possessing immense strength and also have a speed of lighting and a sharp vision. And this person is said to be a male and will be the most powerful one ever born in Eponine, with the powers of both warriors and healers. It also says something else but in pure Latin as identified by Iris, that even she finds it difficult to translate.

The only thing is that I am female and I was initially born with brown eyes, lived a pretty normal life until I found out about Eponine and I don't have super speed or vision. Super strength...I don't know if what I did to Kevin could be called super strength.

"But, I don't possess half of what they speak of this person in here," I argue.

"Maybe, you will start showing them...like you know in time. "Iris explains " You weren't this strong yesterday when you hugged me, and today you picked up Kevin threw him away like he was a mouse," 

And what, start hurting my friends?

"Yeah, start showing these powers and then hurt you guys? I'd rather have my normal life back in New York." I say aggressively and stand up.

"Woah, Woah," Kevin stands up holding up his hands in my face, to stop me from barging out the door. "You need to control your temper...maybe you hurt people when you lose control," he reminds.

"Yeah, sit down Karen, and let's just think this through. Your powers may start showing anytime now. If you lose control now and then, you could go around destructing everything in your way!" Iris cautions and I sigh, sitting back down.

"But what if I am not what that prophecy says? What if I don't show any of those powers?" I doubt.

"I am pretty sure you will start showing those powers Karen, if not today then tomorrow. The way you picked me up...I felt like I was a rat!" Kevin chuckles.

Thanks, Kevin, that helped me get over my guilt!

"Maybe you'll start showing more of them tomorrow...like after a good night's sleep?" Iris puts in doubtfully looking like she is unsure of it herself.

Entonia sighs. "Whatever it is, you two should always be with her. See if she shows any changes or powers for that fact," she instructs them.

This makes me feel like an aggressive child, whose friends have to look after her so that doesn't go around the place destroying everything in her path. 

How could I go around destroying everything in my path? I definitely wouldn't hurt my loved ones. But I just did!

I hate being told what to do. I know that Kevin and Iris won't be bossy around me but Entonia might That woman is hard to read. She is sweet and all motherly sometimes and sometimes she is stubborn and bossy. Maybe that's what comes with being a Queen.

"Uhhh...so are we done for the day?" I ask sounding somewhat bored.

"Why are you in hurry to get back to your room?" asks Entonia.

"No...yeah...I don't know. It's just been a long day. I want to get my head out from all this." I breathe out.

"There is something more, but you'll know about that tomorrow. Now you can go and take the day off." she dismisses us, picking up the big book and gracefully leaving the meeting room.

***

"Thank you, Akele! I appreciate it!" I tell as she hands over the tray of medicines, cloth, and some other Eponian medical equipment to me. Although Entonia asked us to take Kevin to the doctor, we insisted to take care of him ourselves. Besides, he didn't want to go as well. And I am pretty sure Dr. Iris can manage him. She is way better at this stuff than I am.

I walk over and set the tray on our dresser. Kevin is in the bathroom taking a bath. He did gather some dirt and dust after the fall. We all are practically covered in dust. So I can't wait to have my share of a long bath. But not before I take care of Kevin though.  

********

A/N: Finally, a chapter from Karen's point of view. My friend told me that now Iris and Kevin seems like the main characters in the story. They two of the main characters but the story is about Karen's journey. I am not so good at changing POVs and thus the confusion

And BTW, this is also not a Harry styles Fanfiction story. He just fits the part of Kevin perfectly and I imagine Kevin to look like Harry. No other connection. I will write a Harry fanfic though... but God knows when...Hehehehe. Stay tuned!

Pls do vote, comment, and Follow!!