Chapter 25

A/N: All hail Iris Evans! Cuz she is mood!!!!

********

Iris' POV

The familiar feeling of my insides sinking and me being stretched to the point of breaking, hits me as I mutter the words with Kevin. After a few microseconds of thrilling torture, my torso hits the hard ground and all the air is knocked out of my lungs.

I suck in a sharp breath and try opening my eyes. I can't. I am struggling for air and I barely have any energy left in my body. I focus my hearing, hoping to hear the usual sounds of the park but I hear nothing. There is absolute silence.

My eyes flip open and I am met with the sight of a dark wooden surface. I groan and turn my body around to see the sky, the stars, and the crescent-shaped moon, and then, I notice a heavy panting coming from beside me.

"Kevin..." I croak out. He scrambles and crawls over to me, taking my head in his lap and brushing my hair off my sweat coated face.

"Hey, shhh....shhh, it's okay....we're back." he soothes and I look up at him.

"Where a-are we?" I stutter.

"We're at the park," he answers.

"Why is it so silent?" I ask.

"There is no one around. I think the park is closed," he says and I widen my eyes. I try to sit up and my body aches all over. Groaning, I hold on to Kevin for support.

"Calm down baby, it's okay. People do come here at night when no one is around," he assures.

I sigh and wrap my arms around him, resting my head on the crook of his neck. He keeps his stronghold around me, whispering soothing words to my ear while I stay there listening to the words, trying to control my breathing. After a few minutes, my energy returns.

"You really hate traveling through that, don't you?" he chuckles and I nod.

I raise my face to look up at him. He is not terrified or nervous like I am. He is calm and collected. My eyes roam around his entire face, taking in all the details: his pink lips, his emerald eyes, his slight acne, the barely noticeable stubble, everything.

I lift my hand and trace it over his face, running my thumb over his bottom lip.

"Can I kiss you?" I ask dumbly and he chuckles.

"Why the hell are you asking me?" he chuckles and pulls me closer so that now I am straddling his lap. "Come here..." he orders and connects his lips with mine.

The familiar feeling of ecstasy runs through my body as his lips touch mine. My breathing rhythm quickens, my body melting like chocolate in his arms. He keeps my body pressed to him while his left-hand cradles my neck. Our lips mold together like matching puzzle pieces. I am fascinated, fascinated by the way he holds me, by the way, he is gliding his lip against mine, everything.

My small frame against his large one gives him full dominance. And it's such an insane feeling; I don't think I ever want him to stop. He pushes me down on to the grass so that I lay down and he hovers over me, not breaking contact once.

His tongue slides against my bottom lip, seeking permission. My lips part without hesitation and he slips his tongue in my mouth. My hands slide under his shirt and onto his sides and he inhales a sharp breath as I run my hands over his warm, muscled torso and then move to tangle my fingers in his soft brown hair. He moans as I tug on it and my body shudders from the energy in it.

His lips move in a manner that makes my mind clouded; the way he touches me like I am the most delicate thing in the world. 

Then, he stops moving his lips and I freeze. I open my eyes to watch him slowly withdraw, our lips making a slight smacking sound as they separate. He looks at me like he just saw an angel, gazing deeply into my eyes as his face screams joy and accomplishment.

I smile, smile widely that I show my teeth because I am just happy. I am so happy. No one has ever made me feel this way. I feel precious, I feel wanted, and I feel loved. All because of Kevin. The way he looks at me, the way he holds me, the way he just kissed me. This was nothing compared to our first kiss.

And my stomach twists in the realization that we just made out in the freaking park.

"That was so..." I gasp.

"Yeah, it was so good." he chuckles.

"How did you get so good at it?" I giggle.

"Practice makes perfect." he chuckles as helps me stand up. I can't help but frown at the thought of him doing that with any other girl.

"And it's not just practice. It's also the love you have for the other person which makes you good at it," he says and I give him a tight smile.

"What happened?" he asks and I shake my head.

"Nothing!" I lie and he frowns.

"No, there's something. What is it, darling?" he asks.

"It's just....never mind, Kevin, it's nothing serious!"

"Iris...." I look at me with that intense stare that makes me go weak in the knees.

"When you said practice makes perfect, the image of you kissing another girl showed up in my head and I hated it." I frown and he chuckles.

"You were jealous?" he chuckles and I scowl.

"I wasn't exactly jealous. I just didn't like the idea of you kissing someone else."

"Well, it's not gonna happen then why think about such an absurd idea?"

"My brain played a stupid trick on me. Forget it...let's go!" I shrug and grab his hand.

"Wait..." he stops and cups my face in his large hands. He looks at me like I am the most beautiful thing he has ever seen and that one look can melt me into a puddle. He dips his head down and presses his lips to mine. They don't move, just pressed it firmly against mine and pulls away while later to whisper only one thing in my ear.

"I love you."

********

We decide not to directly visit our parents. They would bombard us with loads of questions that we wouldn't be able to answer so we decide to go Karen's way; we left well-explained letters.

We write to them that we had found Karen, but it will take some work before we can actually bring her back home. Not a very good explanation but that will do. We also specifically tell them not to inform the police or search for us themselves because obviously, they wouldn't find us. For them to make sure that it was really us, each of us did things in our respective homes that only we would do.

After that, we go to Mcdonald's and Domino's, eating to our heart's content. We get take-outs for Karen, Darius, and Caspian as well. Darius and Caspian should get a taste of what they call mundane junk. Then they will learn to appreciate it. After all who could hate cheesy pizzas, French fries, potato wedges, and Big Macs?

We also get Venti cups of various drinks from Starbucks, because well......who could forget Starbucks?

Everything took about an hour and a half and god knows what day it is in Eponine. We decide to think of the time we left and hopefully return that morning or something.

We head to the park in which there is no soul left and reach the same spot where we just made out some time ago. Even thinking about that gives me chills.

"Ready?" asks Kevin holding up the mirror. I take a deep breath.

"Just hold me, okay?" I say and he wraps his arm around my shoulders we look into the mirror and mutter the words that take us back to Eponine.

**********

A/N: Shit, I just wrote a freaking steamy kiss.😬😬