₴ɆVɆ₦₮ɆɆ₦

"Will the girls be okay?" Jaemin asks, walking down the stairs with Jeno.

  The person in command looks at him. "The rooms we gave are some of the safest- bulletproof windows and there are emergency buttons inside. We made them for VVIPs before. They should be fine."

  Jeno steps ahead to the dining area while Jaemin decides to stop by the medic room first.

  But, turning the corner, he doesn't expect to see Eunae beside the wall of the stairs- bewilderment written on her face.
"Safest rooms? Why do we need the safest rooms to be okay?"

  Jaemin gulps, not wanting to tell her. "Nothing. Go and have dinner, I have to checkㅡ"

  "Are we in danger?"

  He gets cut off and he stares at the girl whose eyes are strongly staring back, demanding for an answer.

  A heavy breath leaves him. "Yes, you are. We all are. But, it's all gonna be okay. So-"

  He outstretches a hand and caresses her head. "-don't worry about it and just eat."

  She doesn't say anything- having no response and simply obliges.

  Jaemin sighs, furrowing his brows. Why is he so soft around her?

  The door clicks open and Jaemin's surprised to see that Jisung is already there, changing the bandages on Saehyun's limbs.

  "Hyung," Jisung greets just as he finishes.

  Jaemin nods. "Huh, I thought I was supposed to treat her cuts."

  "O-oh, really?" The fluster in his voice and actions is clear. "I didn't know that."

  "It's fine. You seem to like her."

  "W-what? No, I-I don't," Jisung denies.

  Jaemin chuckles. "Mhm, tell that to Mr.Stutter."

  Red shades Jisung's ears and cheeks.

  "Come on, let's get dinner," Jaemin invites and they exit.

  "Ya, ya, ya, that's mine," Chenle quickly swipes away the fried chicken before Renjun can.

  The older scoffs. "'Ya?' How old do you think you are, huh? Chenle-yah? I ate a year more worth of rice than you."

  "I got a lifetime more worth of cash than you," Chenle counter-attacks and the rest of the boys boo at Renjun to which he rolls his eyes at.

  Jaemin and Jisung come in and they finally, eat.

  "You changed Sae's bandage already?" Renjun asks.

  Jaemin nods. "They're changed but I didn't do it. Lover boy did."

  Jisung chokes on his orange juice. "wHAT?"

  "See, he didn't deny it," Jae points out.

  "I was surprised!"

  "That doesn't change anything, Sungie~"

  "oOh, tEA," Jinae sounds, pouring herself a cup of hot tea.

  Renjun turns to her. "Oh, I thought ypu were talking about like 'gossip-tea' not 'tea-tea.'"

  She shakes her head, chewing on the sweet honeydew with squirrel-like puffy cheeks. "What 'tea' would I even haㅡ"

  A slight sharp clunk is heard and they whip their heads to the window- breath hitching at the bullet mark on the bulletproof glass.

  "Shit," Jeno curses. "They found us."

  "It's just another threat," Renjun states, seeing how nothing else comes.

  Chenle sighs. "What do they even want from us?"

  "Our misery," Donghyuck comments before looking down at the girl who legit glued herself onto his side- hanging on him.
"You must think I'm Flynn Rider or something but I'm not so jump off, pipsqueak."

  Jinae stares back up at him with those round, doe eyes of her that makes him feel all mushy but she quickly hops off.
"I actually, imagined you as a tree."

  Hyuck raises a brow. "Huh, fair enough for a kitten."

  Eunae glances at Jaemin, contemplating. "Uh, you can let me go now."

  The lad looks down at her, noticing how his hand is protectively tight around her forearm as she's hidden behind his back.

  He quickly lets go, missing the blush that crept up to her cheeks from his defensive act.

  Jeno massages his temples, glaring at the little, dented point. "I didn't want to say this but, this is war."