Almost Dead

Nico's POV

I struggled against the grip of the pirate who held me, but his strength was to great. 
Percy and Luke - captured too.
Though of course, I suspected that they were the ones that had turned my cabin into a cotton-candy themed room. 

We were dragged into a dark room aboard their ship. 
The door was locked, and then they searched us, taking every possession short of the clothes we were wearing. 
One of them took my skull ring. At first I protested. It was one of my favourite possessions. 
Then I remembered that it would curse anyone who wore it (however briefly) unless they were a child of Hades, and then I contented myself with smiling smugly, for the man who had taken it had slipped it onto his finger, twisted it one, then removed it, placing it in his pocket. 

Then they untied us all, releasing us into the centre of the nearly empty room. 
They took out their weapons. The one called Brinkett spoke. "Which one first?"
Another one, with a greasy beard and long, greasy hair, answered. "The Poseidon kid first. We'll get the Hades kid last. Make him watch his friends suffer, and know it was because of his damn existence, ay?"
I trembled. 
One of the pirates walked over and gave me a kick to the head. It wasn't enough to render me unconscious, but it sure hurt alot. 
I winced, holding my head. 
Percy ran over to me. "Nico, are you okay?"
I nodded. "Yes, but apparently you're not," I fretted.
"Nico, I'll be fine," he sighed, as if I were his foolish little brother worrying about him leaving for the day to go somewhere. 
"Really?" said the Captain, drawing his cutlass. 
He grabbed Percy by the collar and cut a slash across his face. 
Percy shuddered in pain, but made no sound. 
The Captain cut Percy's face again, on the other side this time, and I moved forward to stop him. "Leave him!!!" I shouted. "Take me, torture me, do whatever you want, but leave my friends alone!!!" 
Percy looked up at me. "Nico, no -"
"Silence, fools!" the Captain shouted. "Grindarrack, kick him again."
The greasy-haired man gave me another kick, this time to my side. 
I gasped, trying to gather in air. "Leave. Them. Alone," I gasped. 
Grindarrack villainously. "How about... no?"
"How about you'd better or I shall call my Father," I threatened. I had no idea if I could or not, but it seemed to make the pirates edgy.
"We need not fear, my fellow pirates," said the Captain. "Have I not told you often enough that I am Hades' favourite child?"
I narrowed my eyes. "No. That's Bianca. Don't mess with my family or friends. Or I will seriously mess with you."
The Captain laughed. "How Sweet. You're telling me father never told you about his favourite child, Captain Tarranash?"
"I'm sure he would have, except I think he'd be too embarrassed to mention he had a on like you," I growled.
Captain Tarranash Scowled. "Enough trash talk. Horriblin? Bring the Whip."
A short, elvish person, almost certainly their servant, scurried out of some tiny window across the room, then returned moments later with a long, barbed coil of leather. 
Tarranash grabbed Percy's shoulders and hauled him to his feet. Then he grabbed some chains and chained him to one of the walls. 
The pirate Captain then took the whip from Horriblin. and proceeded to lash at Percy over and over and over and over again. "Stop!!!" I cried, running over to my bleeding friend. 
The one called Grindarrack grabbed me by my shirt collar, but without thinking I slipped in over my head and kept running towards Percy. 
My one thought: I have to save him
But Grindarrack didn't give up so easily. With no shirt collar to grab, he held me by my neck instead, and I struggled to breathe as he squeezed the air from my lungs. 

Suddenly, a noise came from the next room.
We all turned to look, then froze in our places. 
Just then, a round shape flew out of the wall, and the plaster split jaggedly, forming cracks in the wall. 
Then what? You may ask.
Then Alexa.
She flew from the gap like lightning, and started to attack the pirates.
Following her was Robin and Cathrine, armed also, but their mission seemed to be to get us to safety while Alexa did some proper damage. 
"You're fine, now," Cathrine said, pulling me to my feet.
I winced at the pain in my side, but managed not to let out a sound. 
Across the room, I saw Robin helping Luke up too.
I styarted towards Percy, who was bleeding profusely, but Cathrine stopped me. "Your job, and Luke's, is to escape through that hole in the wall. Okay? Robin and I will get Percy safely, so don't panic."
I breathed deeply to calm myself, and then started towards the broken wall. 
When I was out of the room, I looked back through to see Alexa pounding the pirates to dust.
"Nobody. Hurts. My. Boyfriend!!!" she shouted in-between attacks. 
I smiled, and then Luke joined me out of the room. 
I could see Robin and Cathrine carrying Percy's still form. 
Robin's blonde hair was streaked with red - though I wasn't sure whether that was hair dye or... blood. 
I hoped it was hair dye. 
Just as Catherine was helping Robin and Percy through the shattered wall, Tarranash managed one last flick of the whip, which caught Cathrine's back. 
She let out a cry of pain, but she didn't fall. 
Instead, she gritted her teeth, and swung her sword behind her, and it sliced through captain Tarranash's chest.
After that, it seemed easy for Alexa to finish off the pirates. 
Then we all dashed out into the rain outside, before Robin called for a Pegasus, Blackjack swooped out of the sky, and he took us safely back to camp.
Or as safely as a Pegasus ride can be for demigods, anyway. 

SO!!! HOW DO YOU GUYS LIKIE?!
I updated extra specially for yousies.
IT IS ALMOST CHRISTMAS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
TWO MORE NIGHTS TO GO, JUST TWO MORE NIGHTS TO GO, TWO MORE NIGHTS 'TILL THE BIG FAT MAN COMES DOWN YOUR CHIMINEY AND GIVES YOU PRESENTS, TWO MORE NIGHTS TO GO!!!

So, yea, I'm really excited. This is probably my last update before christmas, maybe even before New Years (I will probably update before New Years, maybe, hopefully) so yeah. I thought we'd end the year on a happy note. 
THEY ARE ALL SAFE!!!
And Alexa is a kick-ass war-girl. When her boyfriend's in danger, at least. 
So! Ideas for the plot for next chapter? (Coz, ya know, I'm making it up as I go.)
New characters, I'm sorry for probably not adding any new characters yet but hey, in due time, in due time. 
AND THANK YOU FOR THE 13.9K READS!!!!!!!!!!!!

So, I'm gonna go for now 
MERRY CHRISTMAS AND A HAPPY NEW YEAR AND ASDFGHJKL AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAND ZOOP!