Identification

I'm so flipping mad I had to re-write this three times because Wattpad kept deleting it after i'd saved it.

Annabeth's POV

Who was this Julius, and what did he know about my Percy?
I despised Julius' girlfriend Alexa too, on an unexplainable hunch.
It wasn't fair on the poor girl, but honestly, I despised how she was so close to 'Julius', and knew secrets about Percy that I didn't - I needed to know what had happened to Percy.

I had my suspicions, of course. 
But they were nowhere near as close to being actual facts and hardcore evidence than they should have been.
I was a child of Athena, I should know what was going on.
And if Percy was ever coming back.

A sudden growling came from the woods located towards my left. 
I recognized the particular roar-grunt, which I knew would be mixed with a mouthful of slobbery drool.
The Minotaur had arrived. 

I hurried into the woods, looking and listening for the beast, trying to make sure it didn't injure anyone.
In my rush to find the beast, I never looked behind me.
If I had, maybe she would have been okay.
Maybe she wouldn't have been snatched away by another, silent beast that prowled behind me.
Maybe Cathrine, already injured beyond belief, wouldn't have been snatched away by a telekhine.

I went further into the woods, never noticing the stealthy tail I had following me, when it should have been as plain as day.
If only I weren't so focused on finding the stupid Minotaur.
He left tracks in the ground, and a bullish scent wafted through the air.
I followed the trail through to a clearing in the trees, a circle of open space, empty.
Except for the Minotaur and - 
"PERCY!" I screamed.
No way.
He couldn't be.
He looked so much like his stupid brother.
His raven-black hair was ruffled with wind, his sea-green eyes set in concentration, a bead of sweat dripping from his forehead.
"SEAWEED BRAIN!!!" I screamed, running towards him, ready to tackle him in a hug.
Which was kind of a stupid move, considering he was fighting off the Minotaur...
He turned to face me, to see who it was.
In about a split second, his eyes had widened, he'd given a quick stab at the Minotaur, giving the monster a wound from which Ichor flowed, then turned back to me and tackled me out of the way of the Minotaur's next lunge.

I landed heavily on the ground.
"What are you doing here?!" Percy growled, which sounded both scary and extremely hot.
Gods Annabeth, get a grip!
I looked back at him, my normally fierce gray eyes filled with terror, scared tat he didn't really want me here.
Scared that I was a distraction.
"I - I..." I stammered.
"What are you doing here, Annabeth???" he demanded. Gods he was hot when he was mad.
Even though he was mad at me...
Annabeth's mind, shut up.
A tear escaped my eyes. "I'm sorry Percy I heard the Minotaur so I came to help -"
A flash of hairy skin appeared in my line of vision, and a small scream escaped my mouth. "Percy, watch -"
The Minotaur was too fast for me to follow, he moved in a blur and suddenly all I knew was that Percy was lying on the ground in front of me, unconscious and bleeding slightly. 

 I went blind with rage.

I turned to face the Minotaur, who was drooling a puddle behind me.
I swung my dagger at the beast, first slicing his horn off, as Percy had done before, then slicing through his hairy hide, watching as he dissolved into a mass of monster dust, which blew in my face. 
I coughed, gagged, then whirled around to look for Percy.
He was right where he had been. 
I gave a sob of relief and ran over to him, ignoring the spoil of war that lay on the ground a little way over.
I picked him up and cradled him, slowly stroking his hair and letting the tears I'd been holding back for three years flow.
I picked him up, his limp form light and relaxed. 
I blinked back the tears. I knew I still loved him, and always would, even if he no longer loved me.
That thought hurt, but I clung to it anyway.

I began to walk back through the trees, not really paying attention to my surroundings, which was quite a mistake...
We were greeted by a Telekhine. A Telekhine and my sister. 
Catherine was held tightly by the monster, she looked pained.
But my main thoughts triggered by the Telekhine wasn't for her safety. 
I was thinking of Percy and I's first kiss.
I'd thought he was dead then.
I'd thought he was dead again when Hera snatched him away from me for... oh, how long? EIGHT MONTHS.
Then he'd left for three years, yeah, three years, and then he decides to return???
I was just glad he'd returned at all. He was the meaning for my existence.
Catherine was gagged, so she couldn't speak, but other than the gag, I couldn't see any other bindings on her.
"Give me the boy," the monster hissed.
I narrowed my eyes, trying to look fierce. "Never!" I yelled back.
The monster smirked. Was that even possible??? "I'm afraid you do not have a choice, Miss Chase. I will get what I want, trust me, I always do." 
I shuddered. The Telekhine's voice was silky, smooth. 
"Not this time," I scowled. "You'll never get Percy. Now give me my sister!"
"Not until you give me the boy..." he snarled.
I shook my head. "Hand her over," I snapped. I wasn't going to give up.
I held my dagger out threateningly, hoping the monster would give in. 
Finally, I swung the dagger, and the Telekhine became nothing but dust, floating in the air. 
I ran to Cathrine, who was looking wide-eyed at Percy.
I un-gagged her, and she started screaming quietly. "Percy's gonna kill me!" she cried.
I looked at her as if she were insane. "What do you mean He's not going to kill you. He's my boyfriend. He... wouldn't do that."
She raised her eyebrows, then her eyes widened. "Your boyfriend...? He's... Alexa's boyfriend!"
I frowned. "No... Julius is...". Then I got excited. "Oh my gosh, Percy will get to meet his brother! He'll be so surprised to see that his brother is the leader of Chaos' Army, and -"
"No," Cathrine cut me off.
"Excuse me?" I asked. 
"Julius isn't real."
I frowned. "Explain." I commanded.
"Julius is Percy... in disguise," she explained slowly, as if unsure what she should say.
"How could I be so stupid?" I berated myself. I wasn't supposed to be this dumb! I was supposed to be wise, clever!
Cathrine gave me a hug. Then she grabbed Percy's arms and began to run, half-carrying, half-dragging him away. "Alexa!" she called.
The girl appeared out of thin air, it seemed.
Suddenly she was running towards them, while I was stuck where I had been, standing in numb shock.
She scooped up Percy and began to run, effortlessly, to an unknown location.
I sank to my knees and just stared, my eyes misting with tears. 

Cathrine ran back over to me. She rested a hand on my shoulder. "I'm sorry," she said simply. "It was... necessary."
I just nodded numbly, not sure of anything.
I hated Alexa. I hated the girl who's stolen Percy from me. She didn't deserve him, she was awful... yet I couldn't hold a grudge against her.
She'd taken Percy, hurt and upset, and fixed, him, making him better. She was his heroine.
I should hank her.
Except the pain was too much.
Too much. I wanted him, needed him, so badly it physically hurt.
But there was nothing I could do.
So I sat there,with a tear-stained face, under the shelter of trees, hoping for a better morrow.

WELL, PEOPLES!!! 
Yes, I updated. You can thank me now.
A great thanks to CheannaBanana502 for all the comments that helped me get through this chapter.
It's thanks to you mainly that this was posted at all.
YAY!!!

Thank you, really, all of you.
I"M SO GRATEFUL!!!
So, what did u think of the chapter? Was it good/ Bad?
Alexa don't kill me!!!!
So, Team Percabeth or Team Alexy? I'm curious, your opinion will really effect the story.
Aaand Yeah please don't hate on this chapter, Annabeth's so sad!!!

I'm so mean!
So!
VOTE!!!
COMMENT!!!
SHARE!!!
FOLLOW!
PROMOTE!!!
BYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!