» 05

The princess stared at the white gown that had golden essence- golden spiral and floral patterns made with raw gold placed in front of her

The princess stared at the white gown that had golden essence- golden spiral and floral patterns made with raw gold placed in front of her .

She paired the dress with some golden hair accessories .

The accessories glowing in the light , enhancing her look . Making her look like she was magical even if she wasn't .

She looked at herself again , sadness drowning her eyes , she wasn't ready .

She loved ball parties , she loved dressing up in gowns , having fun and celebrating. when her father promised her that he'll hold a ball party for her once she reached eighteen , she felt rainbows and clouds just like she went to heaven and back , she was more than happy . she would always look forward to her eighteenth birthday .

But it was a surprise for the Royal vampires to show up , that wasn't in the promise .

»

She walked down the Royal ball room , looking around seeing many familiar faces .

There were the villagers of the village , many of which she had helped before .

The villagers waved enthusiastically at her , showing her their wide smiles , congratulating the princess for her sweet eighteen.

Complimenting how beautiful she looked , indeed , she was beautiful .

Her ethereal features went perfectly with the magical looking gown .

She walked down the path to the big stage , where her father stood .

Her father was speaking to someone... someone she had never seen in person . Someone she didn't want to see , someone she feared , someone she had always wanted to avoid .

The vampire king . His fangs ready to kill , poking out of his mouth , it stood out to her , the only thing she was focusing on . He had dark red orbs , piercing into the princess's eyes .

He was aware of her presence , but he made a promise to the human king , and that was to not kill anyone in the duration of the ball party.

Fear still crept up to her , deep inside just wanting to stay as a carefree little kid .

Not knowing the dangers of the scary world , not knowing she could die any moment , just thinking about innocent little things- happy thoughts , plushies and sweets .

She only got to know about vampires at the age of sixteen , her parents thinking she'd understand at that age .

She did take it in a mature way , but handling it gave her a mental breakdown .

As days past , her sweet eighteenth birthday was coming closer too .

All her heart wreaking cries at night , it all didn't went unheard .

The butler , jaemin , who stood outside of her room ensuring she was safely asleep heard it all.

It broke him , knowing his best friend was crying every night , harder and harder as days got close.

He couldn't possibly do anything and that was the worse part , him not being able to help his bestfriend who helped him greatly in time of needs , but just listening to her cries absolutely wreaked him.

He felt useless .