• 69

the moment donghyuck's eyes met with hers, he could feel his legs weaken and his eyes soften

the moment donghyuck's eyes met with hers, he could feel his legs weaken and his eyes soften. the eyes of hers screamed for help, it was obvious that she had been through a lot.

he knew he had to save her before it's too late, she was half beaten to death, it was just a matter of time before she starts to wonder into the valley of death.

he was agitated seeing all the scars and injuries on her body, visibly in pain. she was in so much pain she couldn't even look him in the eyes, she didn't want him to see her in the state she was in.

the guards in the place gathered around donghyuck , pinning and pushing him down to block his way yet he stood his ground.

no one was able to move or push donghyuck away, once his eyes are pinned onto something, he would never turn to look anywhere else.

the king soon felt the presence of his son, and he knew that his son would eventually find his way down to the dungeon but he didn't expect it to be this early.

"let her go." donghyuck growled, the guards in front of him was just an unwanted waste of space to him. therefore, he simply ripped every single one of them into half.

the screaming and groaning from the guards echoed in the dungeon, the loud and agonising screams rang in her ears yet they were the ones whom sucked out every last bit of her sympathy.

"you're a lot stronger now son. how great it would be if you joined me." his father tried to convince donghyuck, attempting to add his own son into the evil path he had dug out.

the king wanted his son, his own blood to carry on the evil route he took. the king thought he was in the right, he thought evil was the right. he wanted his son to carry the legacy he had begun.

"i will not go by the path you took. let her go." donghyuck inched closer, every little step he took gave her more hope that they'd get out of this mess.

however, that spark of hope was little to none. it was nearly impossible to fight against a king. they were no match for the king.

besides, they were new with their powers, they didn't know much of how to control or use it. they could've over throne the king if they knew, but they didn't.

the only hope was someone on his level, someone he once loved and someone that once loved him.

she had little might left in her, she didn't want to fight with the grim reaper anymore, if she saw him appear at the corner of her eye, she'd gladly except.

it wasn't that she didn't have anything to live for, it was that she was too tired of living, too tired to be in this whirlwind of trouble and pain. she wanted to end everything.

but her lover stops her from that thought, when she thought all hope was lost, he decides to appear making her feel hopeful once again but she didn't want to be the hopeless puppy that followed the light ending up in disappointment.

🤷‍♀️