• 53

the two headed in their own ways after one kiss goodbye as the sun will soon dawn upon the land of Lustiana

the two headed in their own ways after one kiss goodbye as the sun will soon dawn upon the land of Lustiana .

donghyuck had to return to the place of safety , where no sunlight could enter .

she had to face her parents who came to know of their relationship , and the guards whom jaemin distracted .

entering the building with a heavy heart , unsure of what to do and what not . how to react and reply to the situation .

luckily, the first one whom she made eye contact was jaemin. her eyes cried out for help , signalling jaemin to help her knowing how much trouble she'd be in .

"yah , park yurim , stand there young lady." her mother stormed to her , she could feel the aggression and agitated aura coming from her .

she feared for what's about to come - what her mother was going to punish her with . she was indeed afraid of her mother .

knowing she was strictly against the thought of being close with a vampire , not to mention dating a vampire .

just the idea brought crashing waves upon her mind , she hated the idea and would do anything in her might to stop the two from staying together.

jaemin approached the two from behind , he didn't know what to do either , he was really in no place to stand up against the queen .

"your highness , there might be a misunderstanding." jaemin tried to approach the subject carefully , making sure not to say anything that'd upset either parties .

"what do you mean misunderstanding ?! i saw it with my very own eyes of the two of them kissing !" the queen was visibly upset , her face turned into a hue of red from the overwhelming feeling of anger and displeasure.

jaemin tried to block yurim from her mother's storm of rage and anger yet he couldn't do much .

"you useless butler ! what do you even do here ?! you deserved to be left on the streets with nothing to eat !" she insulted jaemin like no tomorrow , unlocking the hurtful memory of his past which he locked away back to him .

the hard life he had to live , he had to work from a young age . when kiss from the town walk past him , they'd laugh and mock him .

calling jaemin a beggar and such , calling him useless and worthless . he really couldn't say much , his parents would be away , working .

they worked to even afford one small piece of bread , his mother would sew all day and night whilst his father had to use all his might and strength to fight the intruders of the land .

jaemin felt at fault , like he was the one whom caused his parents to work so hard . he knew they wouldn't have to pay so much debt if he wasn't born .

jaemin couldn't do much but take the bullets flung towards him . however , ever since yurim saved him from his dark past , he'd try to be as bubbly and merry as possible - hiding his miserable insecure self .

he'd push his past behind , attempting to forget the scars printed on him - the harsh words and agony he had to go through .

"i can't believe i looked up to you , you're sickening , he was right ." yurim formed her hands into a fist , anger and justice filled her vengeful heart .

"i can't believe you dared to say those words about jaemin , the richness and state he was in is invalid . all i see is the pure and bright side of his , he cheered me up at times you weren't around . he was the one whom gave me the most emotional support . what did you do as a mother ? all you cared about was the reputation you had ." she scoffed , pulling jaemin beside her as she stood up for him .

she wasn't about to let her mother insult him just like that . what she saw in him was so much more than "a poor boy from the streets" . he was so much more in her eyes - his radiant smiles and laughters that cheered her at times of need .

what he did for her and all the times he helped her out of troubles made her filled with gratitude towards him .

"the audacity! how can you talk to your mother like this !" she slammed the table , making the princess jolt up as the shocking wave of sound hit her eardrums .

"and who was that 'he' you were talking about ?" she questioned .

"lee donghyuck , the vampire prince ! he was right, you humans were the one whom started the fight!" she pointed her index finger towards her mother as she backed away from her .

she triggered a part of her mother that she had been trying to hide from her own daughter .

her parents tried for the longest time to hide the truth from her , they've always played the victim card , claiming that the vampires attacked first .

"you lied, i shouldn't have trusted you!" tears filled her eyes in disbelief , she was hurt from what she once thought was the parents whom loved her and would never lie and hide anything from her .

she thought she had the perfect family and hated the vampires for threatening them yet the truth was hidden in the shadows of their synthetic love .

her mother bit her lips in vexation , feeling the the anger boiling inside of her . soon , she could be in flames . the volcanic anger in her arose as her lie of many years came to light .

she flung herself towards her daughter as she lifted her hand in attempts of attacking her daughter .

she grabbed a knife located not far from her , aiming right towards yurim's scalp .

a crazy lady 🤷‍♀️