Chapter 117: Kevin

During the video, I noticed the same marks on Mitch, that showed up on Avi. My first thought was I'm just seeing things, but then again, what else could it be.

Now, I just have to figure out why.

"Hey, Av." I say after Scott left.

He sighs and turns around. "Yeah?" He rubs his face. He's tired, I can tell.

"Can I talk to you? In private?"

He sniffles. "Uh, yeah. Sure."

I nod and we go.

He slumps down in the chair and immediately started dozing off.

"Avi?" I say. He doesnt respond. "Avi!"

He jumps. "Hm?" He rubs his eyes.

"You awake?"

"Yeah, yeah. What's up?" He clears his throat.

I eye him. "Have you slept? At all?"

"Not really. But I'm fine. Besides, the last time I tried I had a really bad dream so..." He shrugged.

I sit down and start up my computer. "What about?"

He shakes his head. "I really don't wanna talk about it."

"Could it have something to do with those marks?" I pull up the video we just watched.

"I have no idea. I just..." He sits forward and puts his elbows on his knees. "I'm chained up against my will and a man who's face I can't see is basically torturing me. He's cutting me, hitting me, degrading me...its-" he cuts himself off. "Its horrifying. I woke up with blood on my mouth." He sighs and drops his head into his hand.

"Jeez." I have no idea what to say. This entire situation had me confused.

"Yeah." He chuckles. "I guess I was screaming? Kirstie woke me up from it, terrified out of her mind. She said I had bit my lip, which was where the blood came from." He explains. The fatigue in his face makes him look older. You would believe he's only 25.

"Did you see anything that might be familiar?" I try. Looking back and forth between my screen and Avi. I'm trying to find a decent angle of the marks on Mitch collarbone and the gash on his arm so I can print them out.

"It was a nightmare. Why would there be anything familiar? My dad may be a hard ass, but he never did shit like this. My mom would kill him."

I nod. "Just wondering." I get the pictures and print them out.

I place them side by side in front of Avi.

"What am I looking at?" He looks back and forth at them. "More importantly: why am I looking at this? I really don't want to see his body being chained to the ceiling as he slowly bleeds out. I really don't." He looks at me.

I get up and get leans down beside him. I grab his arm and place it on the table and point the the first picture. "See the resemblance?"

"Freak coincidence." He sounds like he's trying to convince himself, even though I just heard him talking to Scott about it.

I grunt in frustration and look at him. "Seriously, Avi? I was in front of you when the mark showed up. Nothing got you and made that mark." He looms at his arm and the picture. I point to the other picture and pull down his collar. "Is this also a freak coincidence?"

"How? What is happening to me? Why is this happening to me?" He stands up and grips his hair. "What is it, Kevin?" He looks at me.

I think for a minute. "Maybe...just Maybe...it could be the soulmate bond. Remember all that research you did a while back? What did it say?"