Candy dandy extra

It turned out that you have been moved somewhere at the foot of a few mountains. You had a pretty small farm, living there with a few friends.
The friends were Betty, Brittany and her mother, the old man with his grandkid and Betty's one-eyed friend Jack.
And obviously there was Daniel with you.

You often wondered if your beloved knew what happened. And how it happened. You didn't dare to ask any questions though. You were pleased with your life. Hardly anyone went to this farm. It seemed as if you all were cut off, away from all of society.

Daniel would read books like crazy. Almost each night, you, the small boy which you have came to call Mark, and sometimes even the grandpa sat near your fireplace and listened to Daniel's reading.

Jack and Daniel seemed pretty close, almost acting like brothers. And even though Jack was quite the lady hunter, he let go of you as soon as Daniel aproached. He wasn't a crazy protective person, but he liked showing what belongs to him.

Brittany's mother, Mary, showed you how to ride a horse. Daniel would go crazy the first time he saw you burst by. He was worried you were going to get hurt. Poor Brittany had to hold him back and calm him. Even then, he was afraid.

The nearest town was pretty far, and you always drove alone. If they would see any african americans with you, god knows what they would think. You were one of the towns supliers over greens and hay. In exchange you always had some good money. You mostly spent the money on Daniel's books... you didn't really need anything else out there.

Daniel would come randomly from behind and set a bunch of kisses on your cheeks. He also liked wrapping his arms around you, and watch you cook something for dinner.

One time, you were sitting outside, reading one of Daniel's already dead books, when he suddenly strolled by from inside of the house.
"(Y/n), dearest, I have a... a question" He started. It got you worrying a little. "What's wrong?" You asked, turning to him.
"Oh nothing is wrong, I just... Y'know I see little Mark run around and talk with everyone and it keeps me wondering... of I could have a child on my own..." Daniel slowly explained, turning to you. You took a moment to think. A child is a big thing.
"Of course if you do not want a baby I compleetly understand that. We both have to want the same thing..." Daniel said, lowering his gaze a little.
"I want a baby" You suddenly said, looking up at your love.
"Hm, really?" Daniel looked at you with surprise in his eyes.
"Yes, I'd like to have a child with you" You smiled at him, closing the book.

About a year or so later, when you two actualy got around to it, you had a little baby girl. Daniel was extremly worried about you giving birth, but Mary had quite a lot under control. It was obviously hard giving birth but you made it. As soon as you held the little child in your arms, you felt all the pain disapear.
Little black haired ball covered in blankets...
Daniel also loved the child. As soon as you were able to walk and do stuff around the house, you could see the dad walking around, holding the baby very importantly.
Often you'd find them both sleeping together...