𝚎𝚙𝚒𝚜𝚘𝚍𝚎 𝚝𝚎𝚗

𝙴𝙿𝙸𝚂𝙾𝙳𝙴 𝚃𝙴𝙽

𝚃𝚑𝚒𝚛𝚍 𝙿𝚎𝚛𝚜𝚘𝚗'𝚜 𝙿𝙾𝚅𝙽𝚒𝚐𝚑𝚝 𝚃𝚒𝚖𝚎

𝚃𝚑𝚒𝚛𝚍 𝙿𝚎𝚛𝚜𝚘𝚗'𝚜 𝙿𝙾𝚅
𝙽𝚒𝚐𝚑𝚝 𝚃𝚒𝚖𝚎

Since it was quite late, the three decided to stay in a hotel before they left the next morning. The three had each gotten their own rooms and were getting ready for bed. Sophia changed into her pajamas and climbed into bed. She decided to watch some tv for a while which Stefan had taught her how to use whilst eating some candies. She had decided her new favourite candy had to be sour cola bottles. Whilst she was watching and snacking, there was a knock on her door. She turned her tv off and got out of bed, opening the door to see Klaus.

"Klaus, hey, come in." She said. Klaus walked in and the pair sat on the edge of the bed. "Is everything okay?" She asked.

"No, my plan failed. I failed." Klaus said, looking down. "I waited a thousand years for that moment and I failed."

"Hey, you didn't fail." Sophia said, caressing his cheek with her hand, making him look at her. She could see the pain and defeated look in his eyes as he looked at her. "You simply just hit a bump in the road. Everyone always makes mistakes the first time round. You make mistakes so you can learn from them. The road to success is difficult, extremely difficult but when you finally achieve your goal, that feeling you'll have will be unlike any feeling you've ever felt."

"There's still one feeling that it'll never compare to." Klaus said, gazing into Sophia's eyes.

"And what feeling is that?" She asked.

Klaus looked at her, not knowing what to do. He had admitted to himself that he had in fact grown feelings for the brunette Salvatore but he didn't think she'd feel the same, especially after everything he put her brothers through. If anything, she should hate him and he felt as if she was doing a very good job at hiding it if she did.

"I should go. We have a long drive tomorrow." Klaus said. Before Sophia could say anything, he was already gone.

********

𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝙽𝚎𝚡𝚝 𝙳𝚊𝚢
𝙲𝚑𝚒𝚌𝚊𝚐𝚘

"Welcome to Chicago." Klaus said as the three got out of the car.

"What are we doing here?" Stefan asked as Klaus opened a rather large door.

"I know how much you loved it here. Bringing back memories of the good old ripper days." Klaus said as the three looked outside at the beautiful city.

"Wow." Was all Sophia could say. She had never seen such a beautiful view before. There were large buildings and lights illuminating the city.

"I blacked out during most of them. A lot of blood. A lot of partying." Stefan said as he looked at the view. "The details are all a blur."