𝚎𝚙𝚒𝚜𝚘𝚍𝚎 𝚝𝚠𝚎𝚗𝚝𝚢-𝚗𝚒𝚗𝚎

𝙴𝙿𝙸𝚂𝙾𝙳𝙴 𝚃𝚆𝙴𝙽𝚃𝚈-𝙽𝙸𝙽𝙴

𝚃𝚑𝚒𝚛𝚍 𝙿𝚎𝚛𝚜𝚘𝚗'𝚜 𝙿𝙾𝚅𝙰 𝙵𝚎𝚠 𝙳𝚊𝚢𝚜 𝙻𝚊𝚝𝚎𝚛𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝙼𝚒𝚔𝚊𝚎𝚕𝚜𝚘𝚗 𝙼𝚊𝚗𝚘𝚛

𝚃𝚑𝚒𝚛𝚍 𝙿𝚎𝚛𝚜𝚘𝚗'𝚜 𝙿𝙾𝚅
𝙰 𝙵𝚎𝚠 𝙳𝚊𝚢𝚜 𝙻𝚊𝚝𝚎𝚛
𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝙼𝚒𝚔𝚊𝚎𝚕𝚜𝚘𝚗 𝙼𝚊𝚗𝚘𝚛

A lot of events had happened during the last few days. Finn was dead and everyone found out that if you kill an original, their entire vampire sire line dies with them. Apparently Esther had returned and tried to turn Alaric into a weapon, a vampire that could kill an original. Supposedly she had failed and Alaric decided he wasn't going to complete the transition. Sophia couldn't help but feel upset over his death. Alaric was a good man. He didn't deserve to get caught and die in the crossfire of everything that was going on.

"I feel so terrible." Sophia said as she rested her head on Klaus' shoulder. He simply ran his fingers through her hair as he held her tightly in his arms, wanting to comfort her as much as possible.

"Well my mother is back in her coffin where she won't be able to hurt anyone else." Klaus said.

"I'm sorry babe." Sophia said, lifting her head. "I know she made these promises of wanting to be a family again and I know you wanted that but she ended up trying to kill you all."

"I should've expected it. I shouldn't have lowered my guard so soon."

"No, see you shouldn't have to say all these things. At the end of the day, she was your mother and when she said she wanted to be a family again, you being her son, you believed it. There was nothing wrong with that." She said as she squeezed his hand.

Klaus looked down to try and stop his tears from forming. At the end of the day, that's all he wanted. He wanted to live peacefully with his family. When his mother promised that, he was happy. He was genuinely happy. Now because of her, Kol and Elijah were gone, Finn was dead and the only sibling he had left was Rebekah. He sighed and laid down to rest his head on Sophia's lap before she began stroking his hair.

"What was your mother like?" Klaus asked.

"My mother and I actually got on well. She tried her very best to protect me from my father but of course back in those days, it was a lot more difficult. I was the closest to her out of me and my brothers. We would talk and laugh and spend as much time together as we possibly could. She was the only one that could take my mind off my father and made me believe that parents aren't horrible people. She showed me that parents love their kids. When she passed, I was devastated. I felt like I had lost everything. I knew without her being around, my father would be a lot more violent and aggressive with me. I knew I had to take care of my brothers, especially Stefan because he was still young." She said.