sixty

y/n sat with hermione and ron as they sat at the kitchen table in the small cottage. wind chimes could be heard and y/n looked up and noticed luna, giving the girl a small smile.

her heart ached, it was full of sadness and heartbreak. it seemed like every time she turned around she was faced with another form of death. she hated it, and she couldn't help but think of who was going to die next.

"it's beautiful here." luna said quietly, pulling y/n away from her thoughts.

"it was our aunt's." bill said through a smile, "we used to come here as kids. the order uses it now as a safe house. what's left of us, at least."

y/n sighed softly as she thought about his words. harry walked into the small space and said he was going upstairs to talk to the goblin, causing y/n and the others to stand up and follow him.

"how are you?" harry asked once the four walked into the room.

"alive." griphook muttered.

"you probably don't remember," harry began,

"that i showed you to your vault the first time you came to gringotts?" the goblin said, cutting him off, "even amongst goblins, you're famous, harry potter."

harry walked farther into the room and began to gaze out of the window. y/n stood next to hermione and did her best to not make a sound, she knew the goblin was still on edge.

"you buried the elf." griphook said as he watched harry.

"yes." he said through a nod.

"and brought me here."

"yes."

"you are, a very unusual wizard. how did you come by the sword?"

"it's complicated. why did bellatrix lestrange think it should be in her vault at gringotts?"

"it's complicated."

"the sword presented itself to us in a moment of need. we didn't steal it."

griphook nodded, "there is a sword in madame lestrange's vault identical to this one, but it is a fake. it was placed there this past summer."

"and she never suspected it was fake?"

"the replica is very convincing. only a goblin would recognize that this is the true sword of gryffindor."

"who is the acquaintance?" hermione asked, making y/n pick her head up from staring down towards her shoes.

"a hogwarts professor. as i understand it, he's now headmaster." griphook said.

"snape?" y/n asked with a confused expression, "why would he put a fake sword in bellatrix's vault?"

"there are more than a few curious things in the vaults at gringotts."

"and in madame lestrange's vault as well?"

griphook pondered over his words for a moment, "perhaps."

"i need to get into gringotts. into one of the vaults." harry said.

"this is impossible."

"alone, yes. but with you, no."

"why should i help you?"

"i have gold. lots of it."

"i have no interest in gold."

"then what?"

griphook pointed to the sword and y/n widened her eyes, shaking her head at harry.

"that is my price." the goblin said.

harry looked at y/n, who was still shaking her head, and turned to look towards the sword. he nodded his head and left the room, using his hand to get the others to follow him.

"are you thinking there's a horcrux in bellatrix's vault?" hermione asked after they left the room.

"she was terrified when she thought we'd been in there." harry explained, "she kept asking y/n what else we'd taken. i bet you anything there's a horcrux in there, another piece of his soul. let's find it and kill it, and then we're one step closer to killing him."

"what happens when we find it?" ron asked.

"yeah, how do you expect us to destroy it now that you've given the sword to griphook?" y/n asked, pushing a piece of hair behind her ear.

"i'm still working on that part."

harry was cut off by fleur as she opened the door behind him, "he's weak."

harry looked between the three and walked into the room fleur had just came out of. y/n followed him and shut the door after ron and hermione walked in as well.

"mr. ollivander, i need to ask you a few questions." harry said softly.

"anything, my boy, anything." garrick said with a weak voice.

"would you mind identifying this wand?" harry asked as he handed the wand to ollivander.

after everyone had apparated to the cottage, y/n had given the wands draco gave her to harry. not only had draco given her harry, hermione, and ron's wand, he also gave her another.

the older man inspected the wand carefully, allowing it to dance between his fingers, "walnut. dragon heartstring. twelve and three quarter inches. unyielding, this belonged to bellatrix lestrange. treat it carefully."

harry grabbed the wand carefully and set it on his lap, "you talk about wands as if they have feelings. like they can, can think."

"the wand chooses the wizard, mr. potter. that much has always been clear to those of us who have studied wandlore."

"and what do you know about the deathly hallows?"

garrick's smile dropped and he sat up straighter in his chair, "it is rumored there are three. the elder wand, the cloak of invisibility to hide you from your enemies, and the resurrection stone to bring back loved ones from the dead. together, they make one the master of death. but, few truly believe that such objects exist."

"do you? do you believe they exist, sir?"

"well, i, i see no reason to put stock into an old wives tale."

"you're lying. you know one exists. you told him about it. you told him about the elder wand and where he could go looking for it."

it was silent for a moment before ollivander spoke up, "he tortured me. besides, i only conveyed rumors. there's, there's no telling whether he will find it."

"he has found it, sir. we'll let you rest."

harry stood up and y/n opened the door. she began to leave before garrick spoke up once more, "he's after you, mr. potter. if it's true, what you say, and he has the elder wand, i'm afraid, you really don't stand a chance."

"well, i suppose i'll have to kill him before he finds me, then."