seventeen

y/n and her two female friends were quick to run up to their room and and unpack.

"so, have you two started dating yet?" pansy asked, referring to y/n and draco.

"no not yet," she laughed, "but what about you and blaise? i forgot about that little bet you and marley made last year."

pansy rolled her eyes and looked at the giggling marley, "you weren't supposed to tell her!" she said as she laughed as well.

"honestly, i don't think malfoy will ever ask me to be his girlfriend. he hangs his head too high to be caught with actual human feelings." y/n said as she smirked. she knew what she said wasn't true, as draco had become more and more affectionate and flirty with her.

"that's true!" marley said loudly as the three of them erupted into fits of laughter.

~

"welcome, my children. in this room, you shall explore the noble art of divination. in this room, you shall discover if you possess the sight. hello, i am professor trelawney. together we shall cast ourselves into the future!"

draco looked at y/n who was seated next to him and gave her an annoyed glance. he was not at all excited about this class.

"this term, we'll focus on tasseomancy, the art of reading tea leaves! so please, take the cup of the person sitting opposite you." professor trelawney said excitedly.

"oh god." y/n heard draco mutter under his breath. she reached over and grabbed dracos cup as he grabbed hers. she looked inside of it and her eyebrows furrowed, she had no idea what she saw and even the book made her confused.

"what a load of rubbish." y/n said as she sat dracos cup down onto the table. she wasn't interested in this class either as she would much rather be in defense against the dark arts. "i'm not doing this."

"me either." draco agreed as he also sat her cup down.

their attention was soon turned to trelawney as she yelled and stepped away from the table hermione, ron, and harry were sat at.

"oh, my dear boy. my dear, you have the grim."

~

"draco! hurry up, god you're so slow!" y/n spat as she walked several feet in front of him down towards their next class.

"i don't wanna go to this stupid class." draco whined from behind her.

they continued walking until they finally reached hagrid.

"that's it. come on, now. come closer. less talking if you don't mind. i got a real treat for you today. a great lesson, so follow me!" hagrid said, raising his voice slightly so everyone could hear.

the group walked until they were stood in an empty area with vibrant green trees surrounding them.
y/n had her robe tucked under her arm as it was far too warm to leave it on.

"right, you lot. less chattering. form a group over there." hagrid said as he pointed to a spot where the students all stood. "and open your books to page 49!"

"exactly how are we supposed to do that?" draco asked annoyed, looking at the book in his hand.

"just stroke the spine, of course. goodness me."

y/n watched draco as he continued to glare at hagrid. he then held his book higher before lightly stroking the spine. she watched him while butterflies erupted into her stomach. he smirked and winked at her after he noticed the slight red tint that had appeared on her cheeks. "if you like that, imagine what else these fingers can do." he whispered into her ear.