Chapter 16 - What You Waiting For?

Maya and I have spent the morning just lying around in bed and cuddling. My dad left for work quite early today, my grandparents and Olivia are in their office and Val is out for the day. We're home alone - the first time in a while. Freedom to do as we please. Anything we want... Even not using coasters while having drinks. There's not really much to talk about outside of the current situation and we're waiting until around midday to go do something. It's time for cuddles.

E: [gets out of bed] I think it's time we made a move on.

M: [giggles] Definitely.

E: What day is it? Or date even?

M: Thursday... 19th.

E: I need to change the bedsheets.

M: Can we wait a few more days?

E: Sure. [goes into bathroom]

M: [gets out of bed and follows] I'm ready to have breakfast.

E: [bluntly] Why don't you go get it yourself then?

M: [surprised] I want to wait for you, Evin.

E: Whatever.

M: What's wrong baby? Weren't you happy with cuddles?

E: [ignoring]

M: Evin?

E: What?

M: Did I do something?

E: Hurt.

M: Where?

E: [points to lower thigh]

M: I'm sorry baby. [hugs and kisses] Do you still want to go out today?

E: Yeah.

M: So... shall we head downstairs to make our smoothies now?

E: Sure.

It feels weird being home "alone", especially with Maya now being a permanent member of the household. I'm excited to see how our lives change from living apart to only being apart whenever we're in school and college. Such changes can make or break a couple. I want to spend the rest of my life with Maya. I need her to be there for me, she's my backbone.

E: Maya?

M: Yes baby?

E: What's wrong with me?

M: What do you mean?

E: Why couldn't I just be a normal student with good grades and a clean reputation?

M: Because that's boring. We need a variety of people at school - if we were all the same no one would be happy.

E: But everyone likes you for being the perfect student. I could never do that.

M: Evin, it doesn't matter. You were the best student you could be. Marino wants you back - everyone is always asking me how you are and what you're doing as you're not online that often. Hey, have you heard anything about the awards show?

E: I haven't heard anything, no. Why should I even go back there? Unless...

M: Unless what?

E: [giggles] You see...

M: Evin!

E: And what about it? [walks into living room]

M: [follows] I'm not letting you do something incredibly stupid. What are you thinking of doing?

E: [ignores, scrolling on phone]

M: Hey! [takes phone] Tell me now... or else.

E: [squirms] I was going to do a full fledged number to Gwen Stefani on Heelys.