Questions and Answers

Jason's POV

   I sit back in the booth and place the menus back where they're supposed go before I feel Nicks eyes on me. 

    'I hope he doesn't expect an apology.' Ryan says and I roll my eyes at him, knowing he would do it, even if he tires to act like he's not just as protective of Nick as I am, even from ourselves.

     "Too far?" I ask, hoping I didn't scare him, especially since Benny already swears that I am the scariest worse man that he can think of.

     Mom and Dad tell me it's because he's a softer Omega than Nick and needs more soft edges which may be true, but Nick hates that, and that's not something that I can get between.

     The smaller wolf looks up at me from the table his eyes are glued to and shake his head no and I don't press him, about it, leaving him to his thoughts. A few minutes later an older man comes out of the back with our food hot and ready and I grin.

    "Here you are. Leslie told me about what happened and I am so sorry. Let us know when you're ready to go and we'll get that shake on the house for you." He tells me, lowering our food on the table.

    "Thank you." I nod to the man and he apologizes again before he leave and when I turn back to Nick I find him dancing happily in his seat as he eats his fries dipping them generously into his milkshake. "You're so weird." I tell him, making the same face as I always do as I reach for my burger and take a bite out of it, licking away the mustard left on the corner of my mouth.

    "That's okay." He says and I shake my head and chuckle, being careful with my food as I eat.

     I feel his eyes on me every few minutes , his gaze hanging on to me for a few seconds before they fall back down and though I'm curious, I try to ignore it, knowing that I might scare him off if I answer the unspoken question.

    At one point though, when I look up, I accidentally catch his gaze and he jumps making me laugh hard, trying my best not to choke on my cry at the look in his face. "Goddess, Nick, I can't with you. What's up? I can feel you staring at me." I tell him, still chuckling as ai watch his face and ears get red.

    One thing about Nick that can be both a bad and a good thing so the fact that his emotions are always so clearly written in his face, giving him away more often than not.

    It's a good thing he's an Omega and my brother because that's a dangerous thing to have.

     I watch as he gathers up all fo the little courage he has and asks me whatever question he has swirling around his little head. "When are you leaving? To find your Mate?" He asks, head tilted down and for once his ears aren't pink and I can almost feel the tears from here.

     I wanted so bad for my Mate to be  in my pack, but I have yet to find them, and while I know that they're are many reasons why this may be, I still can't help but feel anxious at finally finding them.

     "If it was up to me, it would be never. But I have someone out there waiting to love me and I them, that can handle all my crazy and not look at me as if I'm the problem whenever they see me. Someone that isn't scared of me. I was going to go within the next two weeks, switching to either online school or coming back here for school every day. It all depends on how far away I find them. I'm trying to wait for Fall break in a few weeks." I tell hun softly.

    "That's the week after my birthday." He says, looking up at me with a frown and soft eyes that are staring to fill with tears.

     'We can't just leave him Jace. We're the only ones that makes him feel comfortable.' Ryan tells me though I can feel that same part of him thats tugging me away wanting to run to find our lover out here in the world.

     'I fucking know, Ryan. Fuck, I know.' I tell him, thinking about the situation that I found Nick in when I came to save him earlier.

    I take a breath and make a decision on the spot that will leave all parties satisfied. "I'll make you a deal, yeah?"

    Nicks eyes find mine, the light hazel swimming in tears and it makes me feel even worse to think about leaving him with our over bearing family and the assholes at school, steeling my resolve. 

     "I will stay, but only until you've found your Mate and I've made sure that he's a good match for you so I don't have to break his kneecaps. If you don't find him by winter break, you can come with me to look." I tell him and he starts to perk up a bit at the promise making me smirk a bit at the idea of it.

    "Okay." He says and I smile to him nodding my head and going back to eating my food.

    Deal.

~~~~~~~~~~~~
Let me tell y'all. rain and seriously stop a person from being productive. I'm getting chapters done in 20 minutes or less quick playing with me. Even if I don't get 40 like I want i'm so proud of myself at 14 chapters.

Thoughts?

Comments?

QOTD: Flats or drums?