Searching and Fear

Ryan's POV

     "Damn it!" As soon as the last of the words leave my mouth, Luis turns around and goes to punch a wall, and Nya protects it with a shield though we can all feel the power in it.

    "What?" Clary asks, clearly confused with the sudden outburst.

    Benny is shaking slightly in my arms, and I press a kiss to his head in apology, wishing they had listened where iI told them that they could come after school. I need to make sure that Benny is okay.

     "I went to the place I felt Jason from and I could smell the human. I was going to go after him, but I didn't feel him anywhere in the school. His aura was gone, but what was left in the air felt... off. I should have fucking went for him."

    I curse under my breath when I realize what this means. "So he's out there. Angry, with a secret and manipulative as hell."

     "Does anyone know where he lives?" Clary asks and I look down at Benny and shake him softly.

    "Do you know?" I ask him, getting a little privacy with our body's holding in our whispers.

   "He never talked about it. He never talked about home.". He tells me instead and I try not to groan so he doesn't think it's about him.

    "So we don't know what he's about to do, we don't know where he lives, and we don't know where he's going next." Luis calls out, and having it laid out on the table like that makes it feel so much real than it already did.

    "This isn't going to end good." Clary mutters and no one answers for a second before I turn towards the Witch who is leaning against the door, a worried crease in his brow.

    "Do you have any tracking spells, where you can follow his scent? Wherever he went, we won't be able to smell it now with all those people in that school." I ask her and he bites her lip in thought before she shakes her head.

    "Maybe. Probably, but I would have to check and learn it. I was only able to do the other spells because I was already familiar with them. This will take a few days." She says, and though she's saying she can't help us now, I know she wants to. I turn away form the three of them and in my hand up and down Nicks back softly, waiting for something to come to mind, but it doesn't.

     "That's the only thing we can do then. Wait. And see if we can get to him before the bastard does anything else." I says and they all nod.

    "Alright guys. Let's let them catch up. I'm sorry we didn't notice Nicky. Benny. We would have done something." Clary's voice is soft and she reaches out to touch his back, but I shake my head, and she gives me a sad smile, but she pulls away in understanding.

    The three walk out of the room after waving their goodbyes and after a minute or two, I hear them all leave the house much to my relief.

    I pull away from Benny slightly and he's looking at me with red rimmed soft eyes filled with tears that pull on my heart strings. "What's wrong pup?" I ask him, not wanting him to have anything else to cry over after all what he has been through lately.

     "I don't want you to kill him. I don't want someone to take you away from me. I'm tired of things taking us away. I just want to be happy with Mates." Benny tells me his plump bottom lip wobbling in distress and I sigh and nod my head in understanding before I give his forehead a kiss.

    "I know. But he has to pay for what he did. The courts can't do anything because technically he didn't do anything illegal. He poses a threat to us, Benny. What am I supposed to do?"

    I don't like the idea of my pup being upset with me, but if having him upset with me men and that I can protect the tow is us form back people like Nathan, then I'll do it and take the consequences.

     "I don't know." He whimpers and I chose to leave it alone, and chose to instead lay down beside him, after pulling him down on the bed with me, and kissing his cheek lovingly.

     "We'll deal with it another day. Are you okay?" I ask him. While Nathan is a little shit that deserves to get his neck ripped out of his body, my Mate being okay is the most important thing. He's hesitant with his answer, but he's honest with it.

    "I feel better. Not okay." He tells me and I sigh and nod my head in understanding.

    "That's okay. It's okay to not be alright right now. And I know you're not happy with me." I admit, and he doesn't look me in my eyes, but he nods. "Can I still hold you. Please?"

   The question goes unanswered at first, but after a few seconds, instead of answering, he snuggles up to my warm body, and the two of us lay there with each other and don't say anything, just enjoying the peace of being together again.

~~~~~~~~~~
I took that vitamin last night and didn't even use it like i was supposed to. I think the thing i'm most excited about with my break is being able to read new books!

Thoughts?

Comments?

QOTD: Whats your favorite Christmas activity?