Chapter 20

- Duking's house -

"Wes." Duking had taken place in his chair behind his desk. Marcia, Plusle and Silva were standing next to him. "We owe you a great deal. Sincerely, thank you. If you were even a bit later, Plusle could have been made a Shadow Pokémon. That would've been horrible."
"I'm glad everything is fine, Papa!" Marcia said happily. " And Plusle, too!"
"Kyun kyun kyuun!"
"Hm? What's the matter, Plusle?" Duking asked it.
"Kyuyun kyun."
"Oh? You want to... Okay, I understand." He looked at Wes and Rui again. "Could you take my Plusle with you? Plusle says it wants to help you."
"Kyun! Kyun!"
"Yes. Yes, that's right. You can't let those criminals get away with it."
"That's amazing! We've got a cute and brave addition to our party!" Rui said.
"Wes, I'm counting on you." Duking told him. Plusle walked up to Wes and jumped into a Pokè ball. (It got sent to the PC box however, because of an already full party.)
"I intend to investigate the organization behind Miror B." Duking continued. "As soon as I discover anything, I will be in touch... which reminds me. Wes, I need your P⭐DA number."
"Oh, right. Here." Wes wrote down his number and gave it to Duking.
"Perfect. I will be in touch when we get the first discovery. We have to move quickly, because their plan hasn't finished yet."
"Hey." Silva started. "Deep beneath this town is another town that goes by the name The Under. Miror B.'s mob may have been smuggling Shadow Pokémon in from there. So, in the meanwhile, I'm going to do a little digging into the underground town of The Under."

---

Wes and Rui decided to take a break and rest up at the local hotel. In there, they also took the time to read the newly found Ein file. "What does it say?" Rui asked.
Wes started reading it out loud. "It says: Purification of Pokémon. Shadow Pokémon are fighting machines created by closing the door to their hearts. The process of restoring a Shadow Pokémon back to its original state is known as purification. Exactly how a Shadow Pokemon is purified is unclear, but there appear to be several causes. We must eliminate reaction to these factors and create Shadow Pokémon that will never revert back to their original, purified forms."
"Reverting the corrupted Pokémon back to their original, purified forms? We can do something like that? That's amazing! We must find out a way to do it!" She said. Then yawned. "But we'll start tomorrow."
Wes closed the file and went to his own room.
Both of them slept through the night after another long day.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

*P⭐DA = Pokémon Digital Assistant

- Snag List: display snagged Pokémon data

- Strategy Memo: display data on all Pokémon met so far.
- Wes's e-mail: read received mails.