Chapter 46

Days went by as Wes proceeded his training.
Colosseum battle after colosseum battle was fought. First, at the Pyrite Colosseum. Then, at the The Under Colosseum.
Wes paid a visit to the Pre Gym in Phenac City, where he eventually got to battle and beat Pre Gym Leader Justy.
Additionally, Wes went to Mt. Battle to train even more. The areas there were divided into three sections: one in between plain mountains, one in a volcanic area - where magma was flowing everywhere - and lastly one above the clouds, around the vulcano.

Having beaten the last trainer at Mt. Battle on platform number 100, which rested just above the volcano's crater, he felt more confident.
He shook the last trainer's hand as a sign of respect after he won and had gotten his reward.
Just before he left the place, Wes looked in the direction where Realgam Tower is and thought:  'Enough training. It's time for a rematch.'

---

- Realgam Colosseum -

The audience went wild. Roaring started sounding from the tribune's seats.
Nascour smirked from his VIP seat, pleased with Wes' reappearance.
The elevator across the battlefield came up and showed Wes' first opponent, which he had beaten before. Not having to worry about catching a Shadow Pokémon, the Battle didn't take long to be ended.
The second battles was the one with the Shadow Absol. This time, successfully snagging it along with a quick victory.
The 3rd and 4th round were battles against Cipher peons. One seemingly focussed on fire types, the other on grass types. Both of the opposing teams weren't difficult to beat either now that Wes' team had leveled up quite a bit. The Shadow Pokémon that had to be caught in these rounds were a Houndoom and a Tropius.

The audience became quiet after the last peon had vanished. The atmosphere changed.
Being all caught up in the battling, they hadn't noticed Nascour had gotten off of his seat and came through the doors beneath it. He walked up to Wes without any sign of hesitation.
Rui gulped as she saw Nascour's confidence. The audience was now encouraging Nascour by calling his name.
"Bravo! Bravo! Well done!" Nascour said as he came closer. "Why not become a Cipher show-battle trainer?"
Wes tried not to glare at him as he looked Nascour in the eyes.
"Would you even consider it?" Nascour continued. "I'll vouch that you will become a top star in no time."
"I'm not here because I want to be in your show."
"...I wouldn't have minded making that proposition, but I'm afraid I'm not that bighearted anyway. Therefore, I will destroy you in a battle right now. You will know the humiliation of total domination before this crowd!"
Wes braced himself as both teams got fully healed and the battle started.
Nascour started if with his Walrein and Gardevoir.
Wes started the first set. "Espeon, use Shadow Ball on the Gardevoir. Meganium, Giga Drain on Walrein."
"Gardevoir, Taunt. Walrein, Attract."
"Use the same moves again."
Since Nascour had wasted his turn with using battle items on his Pokémon, he could do nothing more than replace his fainted Gardevoir with his Dusclops.
"Shadow Ball on the Dusclops!"
"Walrein, Ice Beam on the Meganium. Confuse Ray, Dusclops, on the Espeon."
Wes' Pokémon couldn't attack this turn, making it easy for Nascour to beat his Meganium.
"Espeon, use Psychic on the Walrein. Umbreon, finish off the Dusclops."
"Go, Blaziken. Walrein, Attract the Espeon."
"Umbreon, Confuse Ray on Blaziken."
"Walrein, Ice Beam."
Wes healed up his Espeon as the opposing Blaziken couldn't do anything else than hurting itself in its confusion.
'Espeon.. come on...' Wes thought and let his Umbreon confuse the Walrein too.
"Sky uppercut. And use Ice beam to finish off the Espeon."
"Noctowl, your turn. Fly up. Umbreon, use Confuse Ray on Blaziken again."
"Ice Beam, quick!" Nascour frowned when the attack didn't land soon enough.
"Bite the Walrein. Land the Fly on Blaziken to finish it off."
"Xatu. Confuse Ray."
"Finish off the Walrein!"
Nascour gritted his teeth and didn't seem pleased. He then sent out his Metagross.
"Wes, that's his Shadow Pokémon." Rui told him.
"Xatu, use Drill Peck."
"Umbreon, Bite the Xatu. Noctowl, Reflect."
"Metagross, Iron Defence. Xatu, Psychic."
"Umbreon, take down that Xatu." Wes commanded as he used a Revive on his Meganium.
"Shadow Rush to bring down his Noctowl."
"Meganium, your turn again. Use Body Slam." Wes said after fully healing his Pokemon up.
"Pathetic. Metagross, Psychic."
"Umbreon, use Moonlight to heal up. Meganium, try paralyzing it again."
"Psychic."
"Use Bite and Synthesis."
A few turns later, the Metagross was weakened enough to get snagged away.