Chapter 28

- Pyrite's police station -

"Sherles, any news?" Wes asked him.
"Hmm.. No. Those suspects we arrested haven't spilled the beans. Not a thing!"
"Hm.."
"I reckon they're afraid of payback from their organization."
"We'll give it a shot."
"Allright. Oh, wait, Wes, was it? Your P⭐DA number please?"
"Sure. Here."
"I'll be in touch with you as soon as I hear anything."
Wes walked through one of the doors. By doing so, Johnson - Who wa standing at the other side - got startled, but relaxed again after recognising Wes and Rui. "Oh! Listen! We caught two more suspects! They came back to that creaky old building and we nabbed them on the spot!" He then laughed a little proudly. "They're in a cell in the back, through that door."
They walked towards the designated door.
"Hopefully they can tell us something about that gray building we found in the dessert." Rui said.
"Huh? You went and checked out the lab?" A familiar voice sounded.
"Folly?? Weren't you in another cell? Anyways, what do you mean with the lab? What kind of lab?"
Folly chuckled. "Yeah, what could it be? I don't have a clue about what's going on in that lab."
"They said there'll be some new prisoners, so they split me and Folly up." Trudly said from the adjacent cell. "But, you know, the guys in the next cell.. Those voices sound familiar."
"Hm.." Wes thought and walked through the door next to him. Then a female voices shrieked. She was panicking. "It's you! Whoaa! Get away from me!" Wes smirked and opened the door to their cell. She screamed as she backed off, to the wall behind her.
"Tell us, Ferma, what were you doing back in that building?"
"We.. we were collared when we tried to sneak back down to The Under. It's just another thing that goes wih this, and everything else you caused! It's all your fault!"
"He took another step forward, causing her to leap backward into a vase that was standing behind her.
"Hm?" Rui walked up to the sleeping Reath, who was talking in her sleep. She listen and repeated Reath's words.
"Elevator going down..?"
"The one that was out of order the last time we wanted to try it?"
"Hm.. Let's find out." Rui said as she took a key off of Reath her belt and showed it to Wes.
Wes nodded.
After walking out of the cell, Wes locked the cell again. He glanced another time at Ferma, who flinched, making him smirk.

"Anything?" Sherles asked as he saw Wes and Rui come through the door, back to his little office.
"I might have broken them a little, so perhaps they might tell you some more now."
"Good. Good luck with whatever you'll be planning on doing."
Rui smiled and nodded, then followed Wes out of the police station.