Chapter 27

They had barely arrived at Agate, but Rui already jumped out of the passengers seat and ran into the Vilage.
"Wes, hurry up now!" Rui taunted him; teasing him.
Wes sighed and parked his motor before following.

"Oh, Rui! I heard! There was a big commotion on Mt. Battle!" A senior citizen hurriedly took a few steps into her direction. "Eagun's worried sick about you! Quick! Hurry home and reassure him that you're safe and sound!"
"Yeah, okay. Calm down, sir. I will."
"You go on ahead." Wes told Rui. "I have something else to do first. I'll see you at Eagun's."
Rui frowned, but agreed.

---

- Eagun's house -

"Grandpa, you can stop worrying~. We're back!"
"Ah, Rui! And Wes! It's good to see you back! So, how did things go? Have you trounced the cretins that raided Mt. Battle?"
"What do you think yourself? Of course." Rui replied.
"I expected nothing less of my own granddaughter!"
'Excuse me?!' Wes thought.
"And, of course, Wes."
After she sat down, Rui explained what had happened after the fight.

"Hmhm... I see! So Vander conferred the Time Flute upon you. Then, what are you waiting for? Depart for Relic Forest and summon Celebi at once. I wonder what'll happen. I find it quite exciting."
"No haste, old man. I'll think about it." Wes responded bluntly and took a couple of steps towards the front door.
"Ah, yes! Here's something I'd forgotten!" Eagun exclaimed. "Wes, may I have the number of your PD...uh...thing?"
Wes gave him his P⭐DA number.
"Good. I'll try to reach you at this number if anything happens. This makes us one pals! Hohoho."
"Uhh..yeah..."
Wes walked through the door and back to his motorcycle.

"Where are you going?!"
"I think I saw something on our way from Mt. Battle to Outskirt Stand. I want to check up on it."
"Oh. Okay. But couldn't you just tell me? Instead of going your own way??"
"Perhaps. Now, get in. Unless you want to stay here."
"Why so rude?" She stepped into the passenger's seat. "Its not like you can find more Shadow Pokémon on your own."
Wes clicked his teeth and started the engine, driving at full speed to his destination in the middle of the dessert.

---

- Mysterious building -

"What is this place?" Rui wondered as they walked up to the gate.
"No idea. We need some kind of key to open it and get in, however."
"Hm.. Let's each go one way around this fence. Maybe there's another entrance."
"Just don't touch those lasers. Who knows what they'll do."

"Anything?" Wes asked Rui at the back, where they met again.
"No.. nothing."
Wes' P⭐DA rang.
"Who is it?" Rui asked.
"It's Duking. 'Miror peon nabbed!'?" Wes began reading the received mail.
"He says they nabbed a pair of goons. They think they take orders from Miror B. Maybe they're worth squeezing for some intelligence, he says. The police have them in jail, so we can find them there."
"Let me read it. Hm.. why in a hurry though?"
"Maybe desperate for answers?"