chapter 16

"I'd make you breakfast if we wouldn't be running late, I'm sorry."

Dom was collecting school books from his desk to throw in his backpack and zipped it closed after. Liv was convinced he didn't even know what he had thrown in it.

"You know how to cook?" she asked him, an amused smile on her face while she was watching him as she was sitting on his bed. She was running late too, and she still had to pick up her own stuff from home, but she just liked stressing him out a little more by pretending she had all the time.

"Liv," Dom breathed out, turning around to look at her after he had swung his backpack over his shoulder. "Of course I know how to fucking make breakfast."

Liv rolled her eyes at him, the amused smile never leaving her face. She watched how he walked over to her bed, towering over her as he seemed much bigger than her now she was sitting and he was standing.

"Are you coming or are you trying to get in trouble?"

He reached out to grab the hood of his own hoodie that Liv was wearing, and adjusted it on her head even though it was already there. She saw how his eyes shot from her eyes to her lips for a moment, but he quickly looked back.

He was still holding the hoodie when Liv wrapped her hands around both of his wrists.

"You can go. We can't arrive at school at the same time anyway."

Because everything was so complicated between them, they had decided to not tell or show to anyone that they were even talking. It would only make it more confusing, which could never end well. If this could even end well in the first place.

"You should leave my house then, though," Dom told her, his voice calm. She knew he couldn't be calm for long and she milked it by shrugging and falling back onto his bed.

"I know. Just a little longer."

"Liv," Dom groaned, trying to pull her up by grabbing her hands. Liv tried hard not to giggle and shook his hands away to let herself fall on her back yet again.

"You are so fucking-"

Dom didn't hesitate before picking her up from the bed and throwing her over his shoulder, holding her by her thighs.

"-annoying."

Liv screeched in his act and started kicking him to make him put her down, but he didn't and carried her down the stairs while she was trying everything to make him let go of her. She could hear how he chuckled too, and it caused her to stop yelling for just a moment to bite her lip fondly, trying to suppress the feeling of happiness it somehow gave her.

Finally, at the bottom of the stairs, Dom gently put her down and didn't even look at her before grabbing his shoes and sliding his feet in them. Liv just watched him, not moving, while she crossed her arms over her chest.

"Please put on your fucking shoes," Dom told her although he wasn't even looking.

"I didn't know you cared so much about school."

"It's because I got into trouble before," he explained before he finally got his jacket on and turned towards Liv. "So hurry the fuck up."

Liv raised an eyebrow at him and let out a laugh. "What are you gonna do?"

"Please don't test me," Dom whined, looking powerless which made Liv feel so euphoric because for some reason there was always a battle of power between them and she seemed to win this round.

"You know what, I'll just leave and-"

"Wait," Liv stopped him when he opened the door. She had quickly grabbed his hand and pulled him back a little bit. "Just one thing."