chapter 41

"What's going on here? Who is this, Olivia?!"

Liv froze at the voice of her history teacher cutting Dom off. She looked him in the eyes with her eyes big and tried to search for something to tell him, but Dom was first.

"I walked past the study room and saw this girl was upset so I talked to her about it."

It kind of surprised Liv how convincing Dom sounded, but it didn't surprise her that her teacher didn't buy any of it. It was pretty obvious Liv and Dom knew each other, first of all by the way Liv was sitting on his lap.

"Talked to her about it," the teacher repeated Dom, raising his eyebrow. "Doesn't seem like you guys talked."

"We did, actually," Dom said, still trying to convince the teacher even though Liv knew the teacher would never believe him in this. "But she was really upset and she-"

"I know you're her boyfriend," the man cut Dom off, leaving even Dom speechless. "And you know you're not allowed to be here so please leave right now."

"I'm not her boyfriend."

"I know you are. Now leave or I'll have to get the principal and you'll both be in trouble."

"No! We haven't seen each other for almost three weeks! This is the only way I can see her!" Dom defended himself, completely throwing away the act he had put on. His arms wrapped tightly around Liv's waist.

"And I'm very sorry about that but that's not my problem. This is a private school and you're not supposed to be here."

"Don't you fucking care about your students?!" Dom talked back, almost yelling. Liv was about to tell him to calm down and maybe just leave so things would be easier, but when she felt his hand stroking over her cheek going into her hair to tuck it behind her ear, she froze again. "Look at her! She's fucking upset and crying and you don't give a shit."

"Please tone it down," the teacher told him seriously, looking around to check if no one was watching them. "And I do care about my students."

"No you don't," Dom said.

The teacher sighed. "Come with me, both of you."

Before the teacher could even turn around or Dom could even say anything, Liv looked at Dom. "You should leave."

"Liv-"

"I really can't get in trouble and I don't want you to get in trouble either."

Dom's eyes changed from angry to just sad. She felt how his fingers were still in her hair but he now brushed them through it until he came to the ends.

"I just don't know how else I can see you," he told her sadly, causing a knot in her stomach because out of all things she hated seeing him sad the most. Liv reached out to touch his face, mainly because she felt like it could be the last time for another few weeks, but the teacher interrupted them.

"You won't get in trouble, don't worry. Just come with me."

"You're not gonna report us?" Liv asked the teacher, turning her head to look at him instead of Dom. She felt Dom's hands going down to her hips again.

"I won't," he promised, and as much as she still hated the soft tone in his voice, she also knew he was speaking the truth. She knew he was too soft to even lie to her.

So Liv got off Dom's lap even though she knew Dom still hesitated, and she held out her hand for Dom to grab so she could pull him up. Dom took it, but still gave the teacher another look.