xi

A record was settled on Andrea's vinyl player as she got ready

A record was settled on Andrea's vinyl player as she got ready. She was getting ready to go out with the kids. A weekly thing she did with them. They would all go to the mall and sneak through the back of Scoops Ahoy, perks to Andrea's boyfriend Steve Harrington working there, and they'd take the back rooms to the movies.

Andrea was going to get to the mall a bit earlier than the rest of the gang because she wanted to talk to Steve for a minute, knowing he had been working like crazy since his parents cut him off and threatened to send him out of the house.

Andrea held a spray bottle to her head to get the curls down and was easy to manage. Letting them get wet enough to droop down. Then, she split her hair down the middle and began doing two braids on each side. Her fingers grew tired after a while but once she finished, she tied the two braids off.

Andrea had on a pair of converse resting on her shoes. She had on a Hawaiian shirt with a pair of baggy shorts she had gotten from the store when Mrs. Henderson had tried to get the girl to dress up but slowly gave in to the fact she would dress up when she felt like it.

Andrea pulled a few curls out of her braids to frame her face before she was quick to move out the door, giving a wave off to her mother, "Bye, Mom! I'll be home after the movie with Dustin and I's friends."

Andrea missed Dustin deeply. He went off to a camp, a camp that he had been wanting to go to for years. She was happy for him. She knew he would love the experience but it was odd being the only person in the house besides their Mom.

She leaned against the front door of the Henderson household. One hand on the doorknob while the other played with her bracelet that rested on her wrist. The bracelet covered her tattoo so that she could wear whatever she wanted. It wasn't anything special, just a beaded bracelet with the initial 'H'. She hadn't taken it off since receiving it back in May.

"Be careful, Annie baby, remember that if anything happens or you need anyone that one of your friends can call or bring you back home," Mrs. Henderson explained as she smiled.

"Got it," Andrea nodded with a wide grin before she shut the door behind her.

Andrea walked over to the bike that she had been given a while back so she could get around since she had absolutely no mortal clue how to drive. Not that she wanted to learn anyway, just running into a fence had scared her of that.

Every one of her friends had pitched in to buy her a bike so that she had a way to get herself around. She was more than thankful for the fact that everyone had gotten her a way to get around.

She hoisted herself over and onto the bike as her hands gripped the handlebars before she peddled off. Her destination? Starcourt Mall.

Andrea had been a free woman for over 9 ½ months. The teenager was now at the ripe age of seventeen thanks to the month of December. She had been out of the lab and living a good life of her making. With the help of her friends, she wouldn't have been here without them.