xxxii

The library of Hawkins, Indiana a tall building that was almost in the split center of the town

The library of Hawkins, Indiana a tall building that was almost in the split center of the town. Sitting in its bricked glory with some gorgeous detailing. The library held many things. Books of absolutely every genre you could dream of and an archive of the town's old newspapers which was also very helpful to those who liked to journey into the past.

And the past was one little fiend that Andrea had made throughout her youth. And all things truly wicked, started from the innocence of the blissful youth of another.

It seemed that Nancy wanted to look deeper into the past of another. Meaning they would be digging through the archives or the library for a few hours to figure out what they truly needed to know and hopefully, they'd find something.

But Andrea was not too sure that they would find anything with how tense the air was between the girl and Nancy. The three women still sitting in the Wheeler's vehicle, no one had dared to move after the last words of Andrea.

"I don't have any clue what you are talking about," Nancy snapped after the silence as she looked back at Andrea, "You're jealous, aren't you?"

Andrea scoffed as she looked at Nancy, "Of what? You?" 

"Least I'm normal," Nancy shot before realizing what she had said.

And silence fell over the group once more. Robin shook her head as she looked at Nancy with wide eyes while Andrea glared as she felt her blood boil, her anger rising to the surface. 

"Drea," Nancy's tone was apologetic.

"Don't apologize for something that you mean," Andrea shot as she threw open the door and slammed it shut, nearly causing the window to shatter. 

The people of Hawkins, Indiana had changed so much since November of 1983. They had dealt with so much loss - so much pain that most left the town but for those who stayed, even more pain followed. Andrea didn't understand the people that just left, acting as if moving away would make the pain go away.

She had learned from experience that no matter how much you ran, no matter how much you tried to forget, the past would always come back.

Andrea stood on the sidewalk of the library with her arms crossed over her chest as she stared at her surrounding areas. Watching as people walked around seeming peaceful, seeming happy. They had no idea what was going on in their town, they never really did. They just believed whatever shit the government spewed at them as an answer.

No one ever questioned the word of the government. The government that was hated by the entirety no matter what they did in secret. No matter who or what they experimented on. No matter who or what died because of their choices. Absolutely no one cared. 

Everything was so corrupted that it made the woman sick to her stomach.

Andrea's eyes narrowed as she stared out in the direction of the phone booth once more. Seeing a woman in a suit standing by it, like she had been the entire time Andrea had been in the parking lot. Her eyes had never left Andrea, and she was no fool. She knew damn well who this woman was.