xxix

Eddie Munson did not seem to appreciate the fact that this group had sought him out to find him

Eddie Munson did not seem to appreciate the fact that this group had sought him out to find him. He made that very clear from the moment he came out of hiding and launched at Steve before Andrea launched back at him causing a miniature dispute that Dustin had to be the peacemaker of.

Andrea stood with Steve behind her, although he was now maneuvering more in front of her as he wiped the blood from her nose before looking back over ad Eddie Munson who sat on the ground with Dustin Henderson right at his side.

"We're looking for you," Dustin explained as if it were the most obvious thing ever, "We're here to help."

Andrea watched as Eddie's head turned in everyone's direction. Andrea could tell that he was truly on edge, she could see the glimmer of fear in his eyes as he stood in front of the group.

"We're here to help," Dustin tried to explain as he pointed back at his friends, "You know Robin, from band."

Andrea looked over at her friends as she watched Robin imitate an instrument, "You know me from your table, dumbass."

"Andrea!" Dustin scolded her once again before adding, "This is my friend Max. The one who never wants to play D&D. Eddie. We're on your side. I swear on our mother! Right, guys?"

"On my damn mother," Andrea huffed out as she made a face at Steve.

"Yes. Yes. We swear," Max stuttered out as she looked around at the other members of the group.

"On Dustin's mother," Robin was quick to speak as she watched the guy on the floor, where Andrea was holding him still.

"Yeah, Dustin's... their mother," Steve responded as he kept wiping more and more blood away from Andrea's upper lip.

Andrea held a sharp gaze on Eddie who stared her down before Steve managed to get her head turned in his direction, breaking her concentration and causing Eddie to get to his feet, "It's okay."

Everyone sighed in relief watching the interaction. Eddie didn't make a move to attack anyone yet again and Steve finally wiped all the blood away from Andrea's lip since it didn't keep coming.

Andrea watched as Dustin let his hands fall from the sides of his head. Everyone seemed relieved and Andrea moved so that she was in Steve's arms. Keeping a close eye on Eddie as he fell back to the floor, Robin walked over and stood by the two as she held her flashlight.

"Eddie... we just want to talk," Dustin lowered himself down as he looked at the man, "Okay?" Dustin was being soft with Eddie while everyone else watched carefully.

Robin found herself walking over and lowering herself near Eddie, Max following shortly behind, "We want to know what happened."

The look on Eddie's face was devastating, he let out a small sniffle before saying, "You won't believe me."

"Give us a shot," Andrea added as she rubbed Steve's side.

"Try us," Max added as she shined her light on the ground in front of him.