xxiv

Andrea knew the moment postpone left Mike's lips that there was going to be quite a disagreement

Andrea knew the moment postpone left Mike's lips that there was going to be quite a disagreement. The Hellfire Club did not postpone anything. Andrea learned that the hard way when on her birthday, Dustin couldn't celebrate due to a campaign.

On New Year's Eve.

She knew how dedicated these people were to the game that they played. Andrea wasn't mad, Eddie protected her brother and his friends from bullies when she couldn't - when she wouldn't be anywhere in sight.

She was grateful for him. Grateful that he stepped in for the kids as well. "WHAT?! No! Postpone? Can't just drop this on us!" Everyone in the group minus Eddie began to yell together.

"Over my dead body," One of the guys glared at the two teenagers.

Eddie was trying to say something but clearly, no one was listening so he exclaimed, "Shut up!"

A few groans left from the group. It was obvious that no one was happy with the turnout. Everyone wants to speak and say their own thing.

"You saying Sinclair's been taken in by the dark side?" Eddie questioned as he held a pretzel between his fingers.

Andrea tried not to laugh. The dark side? It kinda sounded childish to her. She didn't want to sound mean but there was absolutely no way that these people were Jedi.

"Uh, something like that," Mike responded, clearly not knowing what to say.

"Something like that?" Eddie threw a piece of food at Mike causing Dustin to lean back.

"Jesus Christ..." Dustin mumbled as he looked around.

"And rather than find a sub for him," Eddie waved his hand as he brought up the topic, "You want... you want to postpone 'The Cult of Vecna'?" Eddie was clearly emotionally drawn into this and it was a little strange.

"I...I don't want to postpone it. We don't want to postpone it," Mike began to stutter out as he explained to Eddie, "It's just that, you know, most of the subs will be at the championship game. Like Andrea."

"Andrea? She plays D&D?" Eddie looked amused by that, "Didn't know she was that type of girl."

"There's a lot that is unknown about me, Munson," Andrea shot him a look.

She watched as Eddie pushed away from the table. He was clearly getting aggravated and aggravated really quickly. Mike and Dustin tried to make up some sort of explanation or reason that they needed it to be postponed but it was clear no one was listening.

"Oh, it's the championship game?" Eddie whisked around as if he hadn't known.

"Yeah," Mike looked over to the side before giving an obvious tone.

Eddie looked at Mike before narrowing his eyes, "Can I level with you? Jeff graduates this year. Gareth's got, what? A year and a half? Me, I am army-crawling my way toward a D in Ms. O'Donnell's. If I don't blow her final, I'm gonna walk that stage next month..."