x

A lot had happened since the events in the lab and within Hawkins, Indiana

Andrea had finished her junior year strong with the help of Nancy Wheeler. The two sharing almost nightly study sessions throughout the month of their testing.

Andrea had also turned seventeen, thanks to December 31. Andrea only knew her birthday due to her having done some snooping in the lab before she left, one of the weirdest things she had ever done.

There were no records of her parents, but there was a record of her birth. The only thing that had been written on the paper was her name. Andrea. With a brand at the top of 007. Her number.

Andrea never truly became comfortable with who or what she was. She knew that in time it would come, but she wasn't sure when. It seemed like she covered her wrist in shirts for years.

Though, the girl had gotten normal experiences for a teenager.

She once had a sleepover at Nancy's house on a study night. It was odd, she had never done such a thing before but she didn't hate it. The experience was actually quite fun.

"Nancy!" Andrea laughed as she watched the girl cram an absurd amount of sticky notes into her notebook, "They won't be readable at that point!"

"Have a little faith in me, will you?" Nancy grinned teasingly.

Andrea shook her head. Have faith. Nancy was someone that Andrea trusted dearly, though, she also envied her. Nancy was perfect in every way.

"So, you and Steve," Nancy sat on the edge of her bed as she looked at Andrea who was sitting halfway out her window, "How are things going?"

Andrea let out a small laugh, "Steve and I? Never better."

She wasn't lying. It was merely the end of April, prom was in two weeks' time and Steve would be graduating not too long after that.

Steve had been such a sweetheart throughout their relationship. He never pushed Andrea to the limit. He would always ask if what he was doing was okay even if it was a simple embrace.

He never took her somewhere where she felt uncomfortable. If they went to a party and Andrea felt like she needed to leave, they would be gone in under two minutes.

"Is he being an asshole?" Nancy couldn't help but pry, "I need details, Drea! Details!"

"Nancy! Be quiet," came a bang from Mike Wheeler as he hit Nancy's door.

"Shut up, Mike!" Nancy yelled back in return.

Andrea shook her head as she laughed, "No. He has been anything but an asshole. He's been pleasant. Always having one or two dates a week at least, always wanting to help me out - don't even get me started on how he's so..."

"Steve?" Nancy laughed as she noticed the familiar twinkle in Andrea's eyes, "I don't know who is more head over heels. You or him."

Andrea let out a laugh as she shook her head, "Honestly? I don't know either. Dustin loves to make fun of us. It's like his favorite game!"