lii

Something about love is so enticing to everyone

Something about love is so enticing to everyone. Everyone wants that perfect someone, they want someone who understands them and will be there for them. Someone who doesn't care about who you are or where you have been. Someone who just loves you for you.

Steve Harrington was the sun to Andrea Harrington's moon.

Steve gave Andrea forever. He gave her the stars in the sky, he gave her the air in her lungs...

When Andrea walked into Steve Harrington's life, Steve couldn't help but be drawn in by her emerald eyes that almost intimidated him. She was not deterred by who he was, in fact, she quickly rose above him in power. She was on the highest pedestal at Hawkins Highschool.

And no one ever challenged her to take that from her out of fear that she would easily have some sort it witty come back and they'd be right back where they started.

Through the breakup with Nancy, Steve had truly found out someone he actually loved. His relationship with Nancy was one of those where you truly thought you felt something but in the end, you just wanted someone.

He wasn't a good boyfriend. He knew that.

He changed that when he met Andrea Henderson and she listened to him and defended him without being told to.

Andrea brought out the good in Steve Harrington and he brought out the good in her. Even when they were mad at each other and the air around them would become tense, through their anger they would crack jokes, and then eventually one would apologize to the other.

Steve began to swing his and Andrea's arms back and forth as they walked while he spoke, "I just wonder sometimes... you know, if... some other girl had given me a proper thump before we'd met, would things have been different? Like, if we were meeting together for the first time right now, part of me... I dunno, part of me thinks how miserable I might've been."

Andrea leaned her head against Steve's arm, "Huh."

"Miserable because I wouldn't have the one thing that makes me happy although she can infuriate the shit out of me," Steve continued to speak as he looked at the expression Nancy held.

"Steve..." Nancy seemed a little upset by his words as she tilted her head.

"Remember the dream I told you two about?" He questioned before adding, "About the Winnebago? About seeing the country with my six lil' nuggets?" Nancy held a small smile as he spoke and Andrea felt her insides turn, "It's all true. Every last word. But I didn't mention one part, it's the most important part. Andrea's there and as much as I never wanted to admit it you helped push her there."

Andrea looked at Steve as she moved her head from his arm as his fingers ran over her knuckles.

"As much as I can despise you for how you treat her, I wouldn't have her if it hadn't been for you," Steve gave Nancy a small nod before watching as the woman looked down, "So that is why I thank you. Andrea's words the night of our fight made me realize what we had wasn't love. What I have now is."