xxvi

Spring break

Spring break. One of the best times during the school year since, well, any break. Giving the teenagers an escape from school and the tests that would soon render them deadly.

And in the days, life had only gotten worse for Andrea Henderson.

Everyone could see something was off with her. The way she wouldn't want to be alone but she'd push you away at the same time. The way she glared at you if you so much as asked her a if she were okay.

The way she had a short fuse.

Lucas Sinclair had been the first to take notice. He had also been the one who saw how much fear it had driven deep down in Andrea, the fear that made her uncontrollable.

Steve Harrington had been the second person to take notice. Seeing how Andrea clung to him yet wouldn't really give any reason why. If he'd ask, she'd grow distant before coming back just as bad later.

He was worried.

The couple sat in her room before he would have to go to work. Steve had stayed up almost all night with Andrea, the girl who after dinner, felt as if something was terribly wrong.

Andrea sat on her bed, placing paper ring after paper ring on Steve's fingers while he sat staring at her. Her green eyes were blinded by so many emotions.

Andrea finished placing the rings on Steve's fingers before she slowly laced their fingers together, "I remember you driving to my house in the middle of the night when you knew I needed to laugh or needed to cry."

Steve's brown eyes were soft, they made Andrea's heart swell whenever they were in her direction, "I was the one who always knew your favorite songs. Dustin knew the movies. Though, we all really did."

Andrea feared what would happen to her in the coming days, she knew it was only a matter of time before anything happened, "I'd marry you with paper rings. You know? I don't care about how fancy - hell, I don't care about when."

"So I could propose with a ring pop at Hellfire?" Steve joked with a laugh.

Andrea made a face before smiling, "You know, I really wouldn't care as long as it meant forever with you."

Forever.

Andrea wished that they would have forever. She wished that nothing would ever happen to Steve, to her, then maybe they could have their happily ever after.

Maybe, just maybe, they could be Mr. and Mrs. Harrington.

And maybe, as they both had shared their dreams, they would have an entire houseful of little Harringtons.

"I swear, if another one of those stupid monsters come after us... I'll marry you on spot," Steve let out a small huff of air, "I don't care how or even if it is official."

Andrea let out a small laugh before letting her free hand run through Steve's hair, "I'll agree with that and if we both make it through, we'll make it legal."