xliv

If there was one thing that Seven had always been, it was kind-hearted

If there was one thing that Seven had always been, it was kind-hearted. She had always been a girl who was soft-spoken and wanted others to have their moments first. She could wait to have hers until the very end when everyone else was happy and thriving.

But that changed once Seven became who she always wanted to be. When she became the free version of herself, when she became Andrea. 

She was no longer soft-spoken. Yes, she still cared about others and wanted them to do well but over time her love for the people around her faded. She would do what she could for the innocent but the sinners... the sinners would fall.

With or without Andrea being the cause.

Andrea had slowly started to piece together in her brain that no one bad was ever truly bad and no one good was ever truly good. Something always played into someone's trivial life role, something always had to be that piece that could make or break someone's character. 

And even if Andrea did not want to admit it, nor had she truly realized, but deep down? Andrea fell in the middle, she was neither good nor bad.

And so here she stood, with the rest of the group.

Robin and Andrea had never really been close, they spoke a lot but neither really knew the other. They were okay with that and neither had any hard feelings toward the other. Until Nancy Wheeler came into the frame then Andrea's liking for the other woman started to falter.

On the other hand, there was Eddie Munson. In the beginning, upon their first meeting, Andrea could tell that Eddie really wasn't as scary as he seemed. He had a big heart behind that metalhead side of his. He always saved her brother from bullies - and he never judged her, unless he was talking about the cheerleaders.

He was someone she claimed as a friend, someone she would protect.

And then there was Steve, the man she had married in the early hours of the morning on March 24, who had been a good friend since the beginning. Despite when they first met and she didn't seem to like him too much at first but now she'd do anything to keep him alive.

Now it was March 26, 1986. 

And the entirety of the young adults was now standing in the Upside Down, where they had been for over a few hours. 

Andrea pulled her gaze away from Robin as Eddie tossed something over at Steve, the girl noticing that it was his jean vest, "For your modesty, dude," He held a straight face while Andrea tried not to grin as she looked at the vest in Steve's hands as she shook her head.

No one had any time to react before the sky lit up red and a loud rumble shook the entire place. Grunts and shrieks left the group as they tried to remain to stand, but no one did. Nancy fell flat on her face while Robin and Eddie fell on each other. Steve fell back into the rock as he grabbed onto Andrea's waist, pulling her back as well.