xxxi

The entire time that Andrea had waited for Nancy to finish talking to the police, she felt guilty

The entire time that Andrea had waited for Nancy to finish talking to the police, she felt guilty. She was more of the reason for these deaths than Eddie Munson was. Than anyone was and it was truly eating her up inside.

And the creature knew that it was. That is why he was doing it this way. Andrea had been through her fair share of deaths in the Lab and by fair share? The moment when everyone died. It wasn't one by one, it was unanimous. The only survivors are Andrea and Eleven herself.

Those were the only two numbers left.

Andrea blamed herself every day for what had happened because she had played a role in the demise of the experiments. Dr. Brenner never let her forget that even after she played the role of his stupid toy, the role of a respectable lab experiment that was the act that got her free.

The act that gave her freedom.

Andrea sat at the picnic table with the others.

Now was the time that they needed to explain everything to Nancy and rather listen to her explanation. She could tell them about the events that led up to the death of who they know learned was Fred Benson.

But first of all, they needed to explain to Nancy what the hell had been killing the teenagers of Hawkins, Indiana this go around.

"It's back again," was Max's cut to the chase explanation.

"What do you mean it's back again?" Nancy immediately grew skeptical, "They closed the gate."

"We did multiple times and it kept coming back," Andrea added as she rubbed her head, "But this time... the gate isn't open for this. It's something different."

The confusion that filled the air upon Andrea's words to Nancy was deadly, "It's never worked like that before."

"That's because this time... the force? It's evil... someone that doesn't lose," Dustin began to explain as he looked at Nancy, "Vecna."

"Vecna?" Nancy questioned as if that was the stupidest thing she had ever heard.

"He's a dark wizard. What's happening to everyone... to Chrissy, to Fred, it's all a spell," Dustin began to explain to the Wheeler woman.

"Spell?" Nancy questioned, "Like wizards?"

"Precisely," Dustin nodded his head.

"It's a long story," Steve waved his hand as he leaned against Andrea's shoulders.

"Very long story," Robin then added in agreement.

"But we know that this thing is killing people," Max looked at Nancy with a stern look, "It's killing them brutally as shit and we need to stop it."

"Eddie didn't do it," Andrea gave Nancy a firm look, "I know this thing is real. It isn't something that is going to stop."

"You're saying that this thing that killed Fred and Chrissy," Nancy clearly did not believe this story, "It's from the Upside Down?" She questioned slowly as she attempted to wrap her head around it.