viii

Eleven had been the one to walk through the door of Joyce Byers's home instead of another monster

Eleven had been the one to walk through the door of Joyce Byers's home instead of another monster. Seven's practical younger sister, a younger sister who she was sure would hate her after their last meeting while in the Lab.

After all, she had been the one that had to help make sure she stayed behaved. She had to be the one that kept an eye on her to make sure nothing happened like it had before she slipped into her coma.

That was when everything had to change.

"Eleven?" Mike walked over to her, his face full of shock.

"Mike," Eleven gasped as she hugged Mike.

The two embraced each other. Mike held onto her as if he had truly lost her. Eleven was clearly happy to see him again, the girl almost in tears as she hugged her boyfriend. Seven was happy for them. She was glad that they were finally reunited and together.

"I called you every night. Every night for-" Mike began to speak with a wide grin.

"353 days. I heard," She had tears slipping from her eyes as she spoke to Mike who looked shocked.

"Why didn't you tell me you were there?" Mike questioned clearly hurt by the face she knew but never said anything, "That you were okay?"

"Because I wouldn't let her," Hopper spoke up causing a tense atmosphere.

So, Hopper had been the one to keep the two lovers away. For whatever reason he had. Seven believed he tried to do it truly for Eleven's safety from the Lab. She prayed that was the reason but she felt bad for Mike. For so long, he had longed for the girl he loved, and deep down he knew she was out there. Yet, he didn't know where.

Everyone looked at Hopper as he walked forward. Mike turned to look at the man and Seven couldn't blame him for being upset. He had every right to be.

"The hell is this? Where you been?" Hopper questioned as he walked over to Eleven, before pulling her into a hug.

"Where have you been?" was the question that Eleven had asked back instead of answering Hopper's.

The look on Mike's face told Andrea everything she needed to know. As happy as he was to see Eleven, he was silently raging.

"You've been hiding her," Mike realized, "You've been hiding her this whole time!" He shoved Hopper.

"Hey!" Hopper grabbed Mike back by his shirt, "Let's talk. Alone."

Everyone watched as Mike was pulled back by Hopper into another room and Andrea just hoped that both of them made it out okay. She wasn't sure Eleven would be happy if they were hurt.

Lucas and Dustin walked over and hugged El, "We missed you," Lucas spoke.

"I missed you, too," Eleven mumbled before the two boys pulled back from her.