xix

Andrea stared into Steve's eyes as he inspected her face

Andrea stared into Steve's eyes as he inspected her face. She blamed herself partially for him getting hurt. For him getting kidnapped. She should've been there, she should've prevented it from happening but because she had to have fought with him, she ran off and she wasn't there.

For the most part, Steve was okay. He was alive and he was breathing. Dustin was as well. That was all that Andrea had hoped for, she had hoped that the two would be okay. She had hoped that the monster hadn't gotten to them first.

And he hadn't.

She had gotten their first.

"What happened?" Steve asked softly, Andrea felt herself getting shy.

She shook her head, trying to figure out what to say. Though, she couldn't bring herself to tell him in words. She was so overwhelmed by the emotions that crashed over her. So, why not show him?

Andrea closed her eyes as her nose began to bleed. She knew that Steve would be confused for a moment, but he'd figure it out. She let him see the talk she had with Max, she let him see what had happened in the sauna, she let him see what had happened the entire time in the cabin before letting go.

Her eyes opened once again and Steve looked at her. Something in his eyes changed as he looked down at her with a smile before he placed a kiss to her lips, being very cautious of the gash that resided on her face.

Andrea was the first to pull back as she looked up at Steve, "I'm so sorry I didn't say anything... I shouldn't have gotten mad, god I blame..."

Steve placed a finger on her lips causing her to stop talking, "You had a reason to be upset. We both said things, I said things. You couldn't have prevented this."

"I could've tried," Andrea was stubborn.

Steve pushed a few strands of Andrea's curls back, "You're going to have to stop me from killing him."

Andrea knew who he was referring to, he was referring to Jonathan, "I'll take care of him later. Calm your tits."

Steve shook his head at her words, "Him and Billy," He spoke before Robin interrupted the two.

"Hey, lovebirds. Can we not?" Robin questioned, her hands on her hips as she tried not to grin.

"Hello to you too," Andrea leaned into Steve, letting the side of her head press into his chest.

"Lucas?" Is that his little sister?

"What are you doing here?" Lucas questioned his younger sister.

"Ask them, it's their fault," Dustin pointed back at Steve and Robin.

Steve pulled Andrea along as they walked over to the others, Andrea's eyes twinkling with joy, "True, yeah. Totally true. It's absolutely our fault."