xxii

Steve had stayed true to his word on making sure that Andrea never left her bed

Steve had stayed true to his word on making sure that Andrea never left her bed. He stayed extremely true to his word. If Andrea tried to do something, Dustin or Steve came running and did it for her making sure she stayed down.

It was maddening. Especially since it had been two weeks since the events of Starcourt Mall. Andrea had been deemed a 'bad patient' by both males. Andrea was still on crutches, the bruises on her neck had faded and the bruises on her side had slowly started to disappear.

Andrea sat in her room as she stared at the edge of her bed. She felt confined, to say the least. She had been stuck on house arrest, for the most part, the only time she left was when someone from the party came over with Nancy's car and dragged her out.

Or whenever Dustin wasn't around and she'd manage to convince someone to kidnap her and help her on their bike.

She wondered if she could manage to get herself out of her room.

Andrea slowly hobbled herself over to the door. Her curls let loose and wild. Steve's t-shirt hangs widely over her frame covering her pajama shorts.

The girl places the side of her face against the door. Trying to see what she could hear, or who she could hear and from what she could guess, the coast was clear.

So, Andrea slowly opened her door, careful not to make any noise before she began to get herself down the hall. The girl tried her best not to let her cast hit anything and make any noise. She made it through the living room and into the kitchen.

Finally, Andrea placed her hands down on the counter as she kissed the countertop. She looked around and listened closely yet again to see who she could hear talking. Only two people were in the house: Steve and Dustin.

From the way they sounded, they had to be back in Dustin's room. So, Andrea didn't fear anything as she hobbled over to the fridge. She hated using her crutches, she could simply drag herself without them just fine.

Hmm.. what do I want? OH! Jackpot, strawberries, Andrea leaned forward and grabbed the pack of strawberries before she sat down in a chair. Andrea turned back and looked over at the counter, seeing a fork laying there.

The girl did not want to get up and get it, so she didn't. She focused on it before the thing flew into her hand. She began eating her strawberries in peace that was until Andrea heard movement in the other room.

"Andrea," She could hear the scolding tone that Steve had, "Where are you?"

"In my house," Andrea yelled as she continued to eat her strawberries.

She watched as Steve and Dustin came around the corner of the living room. She plopped another piece of fruit into her mouth as she watched them.

"You know that you shouldn't be over-exercising," Dustin gave her a look before sitting down at the table with her.