xiii

The next morning, Andrea woke up because Dustin nearly threw her off of the couch

The next morning, Andrea woke up because Dustin nearly threw her off of the couch. The two siblings yawned before Andrea rose to her feet and stretched. Andrea picked up the blanket off of the floor, not remembering having one but shrugging it off, before she began to fold it back up and placed it on the couch arm.

She knew that it was probably something that Mrs. Henderson had done upon finding both kids asleep on the couch. She always would place a blanket on them no matter where she had found them asleep. It was thoughtful of her to do.

"So, do you want to go see Steve?" Andrea asked as she rubbed her eyes trying to wake herself up.

"If you can wake yourself up," Dustin teased his sister who sent him a glare.

"Just get ready," The girl shook her head at him before walking back to her room and shutting the door.

Andrea grabbed out one of her blue jean skirts. One which had multiple buttons going down the front. She slid off her pajama shorts and changed quickly into the skirt, not buttoning it all the way up as she rummaged through her shirts.

She settled on a striped collared shirt that was short sleeves, perfect for the summer heat. She pulled it on and tucked the shirt under her skirt before adding a belt.

"Andrea?" There was a knock on her door.

"Come on in, Dustin," Andrea finished fixing her belt before watching as her brother opened her door, "What do you need?" She asked with a smile.

Dustin grinned before asking, "I was wondering if I could do your hair?"

Andrea's eyebrows raised, "You want to deal with all this?" She pointed at her curls which were wildly untamed.

Dustin let out a chuckle as he nodded, "Yes. Can I? Please? I have curly hair too. I know how to fix it."

Andrea sighed as she crossed her arms, not finding it in her to say no to her brother, "Fine. You can do it under one condition."

"What is it?" Dustin questioned as he walked over to Andrea's dresser, grabbing the brush and spray bottle.

"Do not make me look like Steve," Andrea gave him a pointed look.

Dustin grinned widely as he laughed, "You got it. No Harrington cut for now!"

Andrea shook her head before moving to sit on her knees while on the ground so Dustin could sit on her bed. The girl was trying to prepare herself for whatever Dustin was about to do to her hair. She trusted him... but not with her hair.

"Can I put a small section in a bun?" Dustin questioned as he tried to section off her hair.

"Yes, you can. Need a scrunchie? I think ones on the brush," Andrea was trying her best not to shift around too much.

"Got it," Dustin sprayed some of her hair as he tried to pull it up, taking a scrunchie and messing around with her hair for a few moments, "Ta da!"

Andrea moved to look in the mirror and was pleasantly surprised, "You did good, D."